It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:54 am

Help with variables and text

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Gouloudrouioul

Re: Help with variables and text

Post by Gouloudrouioul »

Nevermind, I managed to go around the issue, for a satisfying result.

But I appreciate you willing to look at my really messy code to help me :D

I have a simpler issue regarding PathName... I have two questions :

1) There is a folder, which contains MyDocuments, that I cannot access with PathName or with an Action. I can access everything else on my computer, except for this folder. It's pretty annoying, since I have a lot of important stuff in there.

It's on an other drive than my main drive.
Here is the path name : "E:\données Nat".
I quadruple checked the name of the path, I tested out every possibilities, I tried so many stuff... But Rainmeter won't access this folder :(

Do you know what could cause this issue ?

2) Is it possible, by using a QuotePlugin, to use the value of the QuotePlugin measure (meaning the path to a random file in a folder), and to go back "one above" the folder in which the QuotePlugin file is in ?

Sorry to have so many questions, tell me if this gets annoying :Whistle
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Gouloudrouioul wrote: May 18th, 2020, 3:00 pm Nevermind, I managed to go around the issue, for a satisfying result.
As you wish. As said, giving us (me) some more help to help you, could easier my job, but we do as you wish...
Gouloudrouioul wrote: May 18th, 2020, 3:00 pm 1) There is a folder, which contains MyDocuments, that I cannot access with PathName or with an Action. I can access everything else on my computer, except for this folder. It's pretty annoying, since I have a lot of important stuff in there.

It's on an other drive than my main drive.
Here is the path name : "E:\données Nat".
I quadruple checked the name of the path, I tested out every possibilities, I tried so many stuff... But Rainmeter won't access this folder :(

Do you know what could cause this issue ?
I'd say that it might be some security setting on your computer, but unfortunately I can't help you more here, not knowing what and how settings do you have there.
Otherwise another question is how have you used that PathName option. Could you please post a code, at least of the Image meter (or Quote plugin measure) where you have used the incriminated PathName?
Gouloudrouioul wrote: May 18th, 2020, 3:00 pm 2) Is it possible, by using a QuotePlugin, to use the value of the QuotePlugin measure (meaning the path to a random file in a folder), and to go back "one above" the folder in which the QuotePlugin file is in ?
Do you mean that the file you wanna use with the plugin is placed one folder above where the Quote plugin's .dll is? If so, this would be very weird, because the internal plugins of Rainmeter are placed into the c:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins folder, which might mean that your file is in te c:\Program Files\Rainmeter folder? OMG, if so. Don't save such files there. Don't recommend at all.
But maybe (hope) I misunderstood something. Please precise this.
Gouloudrouioul wrote: May 18th, 2020, 3:00 pm Sorry to have so many questions, tell me if this gets annoying :Whistle
No, it's not at all. This is the essence of this forum: people (users) to have many questions. And additionally to get answers to their questions. So, don't worry, just ask if you have questions.
Gouloudrouioul

Post by Gouloudrouioul »

You misunderstood :D
Here is my code for both of my issues. I explain the issue in the commented parts. It will be more easy !

FIRST ISSUE :

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=10000

[RandomImage]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\QuotePlugin.dll
;PATH NAME NOT WORKING -->
PathName="E:\données Nat\test"
FileFilter=*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.gif;*.bmp;*.png
Subfolders=1

[Image]
MeasureName=RandomImage
Meter=IMAGE
ImageTint=124,100,63,255
GreyScale=1
X=20
Y=61
W=110
H=165
Hidden=0

[BG]
Meter=IMAGE
X=0
Y=40
ImageName=b.png

[KNIFE]
Meter=IMAGE
X=95
Y=15
ImageName=knife.png
SECOND ISSUE:

[Rainmeter]
Update=10000

[RandomImage]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\QuotePlugin.dll
;WORKING PATH NAME -->
PathName="#SKINSPATH#\Mini Frame\Preview\"
FileFilter=*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.gif;*.bmp;*.png
Subfolders=1

[Image]
MeasureName=RandomImage
Meter=IMAGE
ImageTint=124,100,63,255
GreyScale=1
X=20
Y=61
W=110
H=165
Hidden=0
;WILLING TO GO ONE FOLDER ABOVE RANDOMIMAGE VALUE -->
LeftMouseUpAction=..\[RandomImage]

[BG]
Meter=IMAGE
X=0
Y=40
ImageName=b.png

[KNIFE]
Meter=IMAGE
X=95
Y=15
ImageName=knife.png
DanDaBear

Post by DanDaBear »

PathName="E:\données Nat\test"
I see there is an accented character in the file path.

Is the .ini file saved as USC-2 LE BOM or just UTF-8?

If the latter, try saving the .ini as USC-2 LE BOM.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Probably DanDaBear is right in his reply, so try out first his solution. If that doesn't help:
Gouloudrouioul wrote: May 18th, 2020, 4:12 pm FIRST ISSUE :
what you mean by "PATH NAME NOT WORKING"? There is nothing shown by the [Image] meter? If so, what files do you have into the E:\données Nat\test folder? Please post a few examples of file names existing there.
For me the code is working. I created a folder named E:\données Nat\test, copied a few image files and the skin is working.
Is there any error message in the log?
Gouloudrouioul wrote: May 18th, 2020, 4:12 pm SECOND ISSUE:
Again, I'm not sure what you mean by "WILLING TO GO ONE FOLDER ABOVE RANDOMIMAGE VALUE"? Would you like to open the folder which contains the current image?
Gouloudrouioul

Post by Gouloudrouioul »

DanDaBear wrote: May 18th, 2020, 7:16 pm I see there is an accented character in the file path.

Is the .ini file saved as USC-2 LE BOM or just UTF-8?

If the latter, try saving the .ini as USC-2 LE BOM.
Yes !!! it works ! Thank you ! :D
balala wrote: May 18th, 2020, 7:37 pm Again, I'm not sure what you mean by "WILLING TO GO ONE FOLDER ABOVE RANDOMIMAGE VALUE"? Would you like to open the folder which contains the current image?
Yes, that's exactly that !
Since my images are in multiple folders, I would like to go on the folder which contains the current image when I click on it.

SO... and hum, sorry, I have an other quesiton :
I made a skin running an animation, with an update rate of 0.1... But then I looked at my cpu... It didn't look good.
So I switched back to 1000. But it completely broke my animation. I just get the first frame of my animation and it stops.

Here's the entire code (but, really, you should look at the action plugin, I think the problem comes from there)

[Rainmeter]
Update=0.1
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[Variables]
;Animate entrance
AlphaPirate = 0
AlphaHair = 255
onHairZone = 0
TransEffect = 1.6
TransMatrix = 1;0;0;#TransEffect#;0;0
Repeat = 4
addAlpha = (255/(#Repeat#-1))
addTrans = (0.6/(#Repeat#-1))
;Rotate arm
Angle=30
CenterX=150	
CenterY=150
Rotate=0
AddCountForeArm=0.5
AddCountArm=0.5
AddForeArmy=1
MouthOpen=1

[MeasureRefreshScreen]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer

ActionList1= SetText | UpdateMeters
UpdateMeters=[!UpdateMeter Text][!UpdateMeter WholePirate][!UpdateMeter ForeArm][!UpdateMeter Hand][!UpdateMeter PirateHair][!UpdateMeter PirateHairActionZone][!UpdateMeter MeasureShowOrHidePirate][!Redraw][!CommandMeasure MeasureRefreshScreen "Stop 1"]
SetText=[!SetOption MeterText1 Text "[EyeBallL:X]"]

DynamicVariables=1

; ---> PROBLEM IS HERE
[MeasureShowOrHidePirate]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer

;Show whole pirate and hide hairs
ActionList1= SetPirateImage | Wait 50 | EnableMeasures | ChangeHairZone | Repeat HideHair,50,#Repeat# | Repeat ShowPirate,50,#Repeat# | ShowDock
ChangeHairZone = [!SetOption PirateHairActionZone Y 700][!SetOption PirateHairActionZone H 600][!CommandMeasure MeasureRefreshScreen "Execute 1"]
HideHair=[!SetVariable AlphaHair "(Clamp(#AlphaHair#-#addAlpha#,0,255))"][!CommandMeasure MeasureRefreshScreen "Execute 1"]
SetImages = [!SetOption WholePirate ImageName "closedMouth.png"]
ShowPirate=[!SetOption EyeBallL ImageAlpha #AlphaPirate#][!SetOption EyeBallR ImageAlpha #AlphaPirate#][!SetVariable TransEffect "(Clamp(#TransEffect#-#addTrans#,1,1.6))"][!SetVariable TransMatrix "1;0;0;#TransEffect#;0;0"][!SetVariable AlphaPirate "(Clamp(#AlphaPirate#+#addAlpha#,0,255))"][!CommandMeasure MeasureRefreshScreen "Execute 1"]
ShowDock=[!ToggleConfig "Silmeria Dock 2" "BottomDock.ini"]
EnableMeasures = [!UnpauseMeasure MeasureClosedMouth][!UnpauseMeasure MeasureClosedEyes][!UnpauseMeasure MeasureForeArm][!UnpauseMeasure MeasureForeArmY][!UnpauseMeasure MeasureArm][!UnpauseMeasure MeasureMouseXL][!UnpauseMeasure MeasureMouseXR][!UnpauseMeasure MeasureMouseYL][!UnpauseMeasure MeasureMouseYR][!UnpauseMeasure MeasureMouseXL]

;Hide whole pirate and show hairs
ActionList2= DisableMeasures | HideDock | ChangeHairZone | Repeat HidePirate,50,#Repeat# | Repeat ShowHair,50,#Repeat# | Wait 50 | UnsetPirateImage
ChangeHairZone = [!SetOption PirateHairActionZone Y 1050][!SetOption PirateHairActionZone H 150][!CommandMeasure MeasureRefreshScreen "Execute 1"]
UnsetImages = [!SetOption WholePirate ImageName ""]
ShowHair=[!SetVariable AlphaHair "(Clamp(#AlphaHair#+#addAlpha#,0,255))"][!CommandMeasure MeasureRefreshScreen "Execute 1"]
HidePirate=[!SetOption EyeBallL ImageAlpha 0][!SetOption EyeBallR ImageAlpha 0][!SetVariable TransEffect "(Clamp(#TransEffect#+#addTrans#,1,1.6))"][!SetVariable TransMatrix "1;0;0;#TransEffect#;0;0"][!SetVariable AlphaPirate "(Clamp(#AlphaPirate#-#addAlpha#,0,255))"][!CommandMeasure MeasureRefreshScreen "Execute 1"]
HideDock=[!DeactivateConfig "Silmeria Dock 2" "BottomDock.ini"]
DisableMeasures = [!PauseMeasure MeasureClosedMouth][!PauseMeasure MeasureClosedEyes][!PauseMeasure MeasureForeArm][!PauseMeasure MeasureForeArmY][!PauseMeasure MeasureArm][!PauseMeasure MeasureMouseXL][!PauseMeasure MeasureMouseXR][!PauseMeasure MeasureMouseYL][!PauseMeasure MeasureMouseYR][!PauseMeasure MeasureMouseXL]

DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureClosedMouth]
Measure=Calc
Formula=random
UpdateRandom=1
UpdateDivider=200
LowBound=0
HighBound=100
IfCondition=(MeasureClosedMouth>50)
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption WholePirate ImageName "closedMouth.png"][!SetVariable MouthOpen = 0][!CommandMeasure MeasureRefreshScreen "Execute 1"]
IfFalseAction=[!SetOption WholePirate ImageName "pirateWhole.png"][!SetVariable MouthOpen = 1][!CommandMeasure MeasureRefreshScreen "Execute 1"]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureClosedEyes]
Measure=Calc
Formula=random
UpdateRandom=1
UpdateDivider=10
LowBound=0
HighBound=100
IfCondition=(MeasureClosedEyes>95) && (#MouthOpen#=0)
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption WholePirate ImageName "blinkClose.png"][!SetOption EyeBallL ImageAlpha 0][!SetOption EyeBallR ImageAlpha 0][!CommandMeasure MeasureRefreshScreen "Execute 1"]
IfFalseAction=[!SetOption WholePirate ImageName "pirateWhole.png"][!SetOption EyeBallL ImageAlpha 255][!SetOption EyeBallR ImageAlpha 255][!CommandMeasure MeasureRefreshScreen "Execute 1"]
IfCondition2=(MeasureClosedEyes>95) && (#MouthOpen#=1)
IfTrueAction2=[!SetOption WholePirate ImageName "blinkOpen.png"][!SetOption EyeBallL ImageAlpha 0][!SetOption EyeBallR ImageAlpha 0][!CommandMeasure MeasureRefreshScreen "Execute 1"]
IfFalseAction2=[!SetOption WholePirate ImageName "pirateWhole.png"][!SetOption EyeBallL ImageAlpha 255][!SetOption EyeBallR ImageAlpha 255][!CommandMeasure MeasureRefreshScreen "Execute 1"]
DynamicVariables=1

[WholePirate]
Meter=Image
ImageName=""
ImageAlpha=#AlphaPirate#;
X=80
Y=663
W=300
H=540
SolidColor=0,0,0,0
DynamicVariables=1
TransformationMatrix=#TransMatrix#

[Hand]
Meter=Image
ImageName="hand.png"
X=(565+[MeasureForeArmY])
Y=932
ImageW=400
ImageH=700
SolidColor=0,0,0,0
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureForeArm]
Measure=Calc
Formula=((MeasureForeArm%360)+#AddCountForeArm#)
UpdateDivider=4
MaxValue=360
IfCondition=(MeasureForeArm=20)
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable AddCountForeArm -0.5]
IfCondition2=(MeasureForeArm=0)
IfTrueAction2=[!SetVariable AddCountForeArm 0.5]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureForeArmY]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasureForeArmY+#AddForeArmY#
UpdateDivider=4
IfCondition=(MeasureForeArmY=40)
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable AddForeArmY -1]
IfCondition2=(MeasureForeArmY=0)
IfTrueAction2=[!SetVariable AddForeArmY 1]
DynamicVariables=1

[ForeArm]
Meter=ROTATOR
MeasureName=MeasureForeArm
ImageName="foreArm.png"
X=(410+([MeasureForeArmY]/5))
Y=(1050-[MeasureForeArmY])
W=150
H=150
ImageW=200
ImageH=200
OffsetX=75
OffsetY=150
StartAngle=6.5832
RotationAngle=6.2832
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureArm]
Measure=Calc
Formula=((MeasureArm%360)+#AddCountArm#)
UpdateDivider=4
MaxValue=360
IfCondition=(MeasureArm=20)
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable AddCountArm -0.5]
IfCondition2=(MeasureArm=0)
IfTrueAction2=[!SetVariable AddCountArm 0.5]
DynamicVariables=1

[Arm]
Meter=ROTATOR
MeasureName=MeasureArm
ImageName="arm.png"
X=100
Y=710
W=400
H=500
ImageW=100
ImageH=100
OffsetX=3
OffsetY=3
StartAngle=5.9832
RotationAngle=-6.2832
SolidColor=0,0,0,0
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureMouseXL]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MouseXY
Dimension=X
MaxValue=#SCREENAREAWIDTH#

[MeasureMouseYL]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MouseXY
Dimension=Y

[MeasureMouseXR]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MouseXY
Dimension=X

[MeasureMouseYR]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MouseXY
Dimension=Y
MaxValue=#SCREENAREAHEIGHT#

[EyeBallL]
Meter=Image
ImageName=eye.png
ImageAlpha=0;
X=(Clamp(([MeasureMouseXL]-55),178,200))
Y=(Clamp([MeasureMouseYL],743,748))
W=17
H=17
SolidColor=0,0,0,0
DynamicVariables=1

[EyeBallR]
Meter=Image
ImageName=eye.png
ImageAlpha=0;
X=(Clamp(([MeasureMouseXR]-55),250,275))
Y=(Clamp([MeasureMouseYR],740,744))
W=17
H=17
SolidColor=0,0,0,0
DynamicVariables=1

[PirateHair]
Meter=Image
ImageName=pirate.png
ImageAlpha=#AlphaHair#;
X=150
Y=1140
W=150
H=60
SolidColor=0,0,0,0
DynamicVariables=1

[PirateHairActionZone]
Meter=Image
X=100
Y=1050
W=300
H=150
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
DynamicVariables=1
MouseOverAction=[!SetVariable onHairZone 1][!CommandMeasure MeasureShowOrHidePirate "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure MeasureShowOrHidePirate "Execute 1"][!CommandMeasure MeasureRefreshScreen "Execute 1"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetVariable onHairZone 0][!CommandMeasure MeasureShowOrHidePirate "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure MeasureShowOrHidePirate "Execute 2"][!CommandMeasure MeasureRefreshScreen "Execute 1"]
Gouloudrouioul

Post by Gouloudrouioul »

Welp, I managed to do something that didn't consume too much CPU... :)

I have, however, one other questions. On a simple stuff, that I thought was completey, 100% supposed to work, but don't... And I can't, for the life of me, understand why...

It's an edit of the skin "Just A Bin". When the bin is full and when we over it, I want it to go up and down, like it's floating. I made that part work. But I also want it to switch between two images back and forth : the open bin and the closed bin. That part doesn't work and am really really REALLY confused on what could be the problem x) Cause I did this kind of stuff a dozens times before and it worked.

Here's the code :

[Rainmeter]
Update=100
OnRefreshAction=[!PauseMeasure MeasureBinOnOver]

[Variables]
IconSize=115
IconEmpty=#@#Empty.png
IconFull=#@#Full.png
AddCountBin=1
onBin=0

[Style]
StringAlign=Right
InlineSetting=Face | Roboto
InlineSetting2=Size | 9
InlineSetting3=Color | 255,255,255,255
AntiAlias=1

[MeasureCount]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=RecycleManager.dll
RecycleType=Count
Drives=All

[MeasureSize]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=RecycleManager.dll
RecycleType=Size
Drives=All

[MeasureAction]
Measure=Calc
IfCondition=MeasureCount > 0
IfTrueAction=[!RainmeterHideMeter MeterIconEmpty][!RainmeterShowMeter MeterIconFull][!RainmeterShowMeter MeterCount]
IfFalseAction=[!RainmeterHideMeter MeterIconFull][!RainmeterShowMeter MeterIconEmpty][!RainmeterHideMeter MeterCount]

[MeterIconBackground]
Meter=Image
X=15
Y=27
W=19
H=26
SolidColor=255,255,255,1

[Shadow1]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Ellipse 60,200,50,20 | Fill Color 0,0,0,100 | Stroke Width 0 | Stroke Color 0,0,0,50
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterIconEmpty]
Meter=Image
;ImageTint=87,89,93
X=10
Y=20
W=#IconSize#
ImageName=#IconEmpty#
AntiAlias=1

; HERE IS THE ADDED CODE
[MeasureBinOnOver]
Measure=Calc
Formula= MeasureBinOnOver + #AddCountBin#
IfCondition=(MeasureBinOnOver=5)
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable AddCountBin -1]
IfCondition2=(MeasureBinOnOver=0)
IfTrueAction2=[!SetVariable AddCountBin 1]
IfCondition3=(MeasureBinOnOver>3)
IfTrueAction3=[!SetOption MeterIconFull ImageName #IconEmpty#][!UpdateMeter MeterIconFull][!Redraw]
IfFalseAction3=[!SetOption MeterIconFull ImageName #IconFull#][!UpdateMeter MeterIconFull][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterIconFull]
Meter=Image
;ImageTint=87,89,93
X=10
Y=(20+[MeasureBinOnOver])
W=#IconSize#
ImageName=#IconFull#
MouseOverAction=[!RainmeterShowMeter MeterSize][!UnpauseMeasure MeasureBinOnOver][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!RainmeterHideMeter MeterSize][!PauseMeasure MeasureBinOnOver][!Redraw]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!RainmeterPluginBang "MeasureCount OpenBin"]
RightMouseUpAction=[!RainmeterPluginBang "MeasureCount EmptyBin"]
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterSize]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureSize
X=55
Y=0
MeterStyle=Style
Text=%1B
AutoScale=1
NumOfDecimals=1
Hidden=1

[MeterCount]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureCount
X=r
Y=(13)r
MeterStyle=Style
Text=%1
I am really puzzled :???:
Last edited by balala on May 21st, 2020, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use <code> tags (not <Quote>) whenever are you posting code snippets. It's the </> button.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Gouloudrouioul wrote: May 21st, 2020, 2:58 pm It's an edit of the skin "Just A Bin". When the bin is full and when we over it, I want it to go up and down, like it's floating. I made that part work. But I also want it to switch between two images back and forth : the open bin and the closed bin. That part doesn't work and am really really REALLY confused on what could be the problem x) Cause I did this kind of stuff a dozens times before and it worked.
Since I don't have your images used for the recycle bin (Empty.png and Full.png), I had to create my own images and use those. I did so and got the code working:
GIF.gif
This is what have you described, isn't it? The Image meter is switching between the two images, the open bin and the closed bin, while it is moving up and down.
So, I think it does perfectly works.
Gouloudrouioul

Post by Gouloudrouioul »

I think there was a problem with images path, but I didn't understand why. I just switched my way of writing the path and it worked, so... :confused:

Thanks anyway for your answers :) !
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Gouloudrouioul wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 3:41 pm I think there was a problem with images path, but I didn't understand why. I just switched my way of writing the path and it worked, so... :confused:
Alright, I'm glad if you got it working.
However there is a small detail which you should take into account: the !Rainmeter... bang prefix is deprecated and you should avoid using it. You've used it here. Simply remove it: for instance, instead of [!RainmeterHideMeter MeterIconEmpty] use [!HideMeter MeterIconEmpty] in the IfTrueAction option of the [MeasureAction] measure. Similarly remove the prefix from all bangs which have it.