It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:07 am

How to remove key=value from Meter (not blank it out)?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
MattNY177

Re: How to remove key=value from Meter (not blank it out)?

Post by MattNY177 »

jsmorley wrote: December 3rd, 2018, 12:42 pm We are considering it. As always, we have to be careful of unintended consequences and backwards compatibility.
Well, as you mentioned above there are different results when using !SetOption vs !WriteKeyValue, so I fully support this idea if only for the sake of consistency.

Also, I just wanted to follow up to let you know (and anyone else having a similar issue) I solved it using Calc measure conditional formulas.
For each group of meters I created an associated Calc measure, then set its value to 0 if it should be visible or 1 if it should be hidden.
Using the example above, in plain English it would read something like "if Style_Folders is visible, and if Style_Photos is visible, and if Style_Portrait is visible then value=0, else value=1."
Then I set the hidden attribute for each meter group to its respective measure value.

So far it works as expected which is fine for the scope of my project, but my only concern is this particular solution isn't really scalable past a certain point. The change proposed in your previous post would allow for much higher scalability, but for now I'm happy to have found a short-term solution at least.

Thanks again for your help and keep up the great work!