It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:12 am

Widget Spotify don't work

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
mKMage

Widget Spotify don't work

Post by mKMage »

Hello i'm new in Rainmeter :welcome: and my widget Spotify don't work.
"Error : Spotify Plugin not working" :confused: when i listening music.
I use Win10 Widgets.

Can you help me please :D , Thx.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Widget Spotify don't work

Post by balala »

mKMage wrote: November 18th, 2018, 4:45 pm Hello i'm new in Rainmeter :welcome: and my widget Spotify don't work.
"Error : Spotify Plugin not working" :confused: when i listening music.
Doesn't matter what Windows version are you using, the Spotify plugin isn't included into Rainmeter. You have to install it. Do you have it installed?
mKMage

Post by mKMage »

balala wrote: November 18th, 2018, 6:16 pm Doesn't matter what Windows version are you using, the Spotify plugin isn't included into Rainmeter. You have to install it. Do you have it installed?
I dont know, i have download a skin (Win10 Widgets) and when i use Spotify, the player media don't work.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mKMage wrote: November 18th, 2018, 6:23 pm I dont know, i have download a skin (Win10 Widgets) and when i use Spotify, the player media don't work.
Check if you have the plugin: right click the Rainmeter icon in the notification area, click About, the open the Plugins tab. Check to see if the Spotify plugin exists in the list. Does it?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

mKMage wrote: November 18th, 2018, 6:23 pm I dont know, i have download a skin (Win10 Widgets) and when i use Spotify, the player media don't work.
Read: https://github.com/RobertFrydenlund/SpotifyPlugin ... the plugin is no longer active/supported.
The recommendation is to use Spicetify by khanhas

Better yet, contact TJ Markham, http://tjmarkham.com and ask him to update his skins... :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 18th, 2018, 6:39 pm the plugin is no longer active/supported.
As I don't use nor Spotify, so nor the plugin, I didn't know about this detail. But is good to be known.
mKMage

Post by mKMage »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 18th, 2018, 6:39 pm Read: https://github.com/RobertFrydenlund/SpotifyPlugin ... the plugin is no longer active/supported.
The recommendation is to use Spicetify by khanhas

Better yet, contact TJ Markham, http://tjmarkham.com and ask him to update his skins... :D
Hi, thx for your reply but i dont want Spotify application, i just want a little window with play and pause, artist + title and image of album like my screen.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mKMage wrote: November 18th, 2018, 7:22 pm Hi, thx for your reply but i dont want Spotify application, i just want a little window with play and pause, artist + title and image of album like my screen.
Any skin using either the Spotify or the Spicetify plugin (I don't know this plugin, but probably it is related to Spotify) can't work without the running player application.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

mKMage wrote: November 18th, 2018, 7:22 pm Hi, thx for your reply but i dont want Spotify application, i just want a little window with play and pause, artist + title and image of album like my screen.
EDIT:
You are right, Spicetify is not a Spotify application, it is a replacement plugin that is used by a skin to get info from your Spotify program.

As balala explained, what you see on your desktop uses a plugin to obtain the information you want to display.
The plugin that skin uses was the SpotiyPlugin (which is no longer working or supported).
Spicetify is one option, but it is basically a CSS controller.

Sorry I can not help you any further :oops:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 18th, 2018, 8:30 pm Sorry I can not help you any further :oops:
Sorry, neither me can't help. Probably someone lese will have to.