It is currently April 19th, 2024, 12:50 pm

Capture previous image by x amount Quote Plugin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Capture previous image by x amount Quote Plugin

Post by Mor3bane »

Hi all, I have seen this before and there was a great outcome here on the forums. Would some kind person/s be kind enough to direct me to that thread? I was hmm I don't know 3 - 4 months ago...

Thanks
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Capture previous image by x amount Quote Plugin

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: November 14th, 2018, 7:39 am Hi all, I have seen this before and there was a great outcome here on the forums. Would some kind person/s be kind enough to direct me to that thread? I was hmm I don't know 3 - 4 months ago...
I'm not sure what thread would you like to find and it would be hard enough for anyone to find what you're looking for, but the general solution would be to write the paths and names of images into some variables, then use those variables.
Eventually post a sample code you're working with, to can try to find a solution.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Hmm - cue apology for delay in reply...

balala - I am glad you were the first responder - it was a skin you helped with that I am recalling. I believe that the goal was to use the quote plugin for a random image a per specs. The a mousewheel down action would show previous images - I think in your example it came out to be 5 saved image names.

Does that ring a bell?

Just being lazy and looking for that example, but I cannot sort from the thousands of posts you've made. :oops: :o
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: November 22nd, 2018, 8:18 am balala - I am glad you were the first responder - it was a skin you helped with that I am recalling. I believe that the goal was to use the quote plugin for a random image a per specs. The a mousewheel down action would show previous images - I think in your example it came out to be 5 saved image names.

Does that ring a bell?
Absolutely. It's the fifth version of Slideshow: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=24311&hilit=slideshow+5#p129028
The previous image wasn't bring back with mouse scroll, but with some buttons, but this doesn't matter too much.
If you can't figure out what's going on there, please post the code you have so far.