It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:23 am

Line graph that only updates on web parser execute?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
highpec

Line graph that only updates on web parser execute?

Post by highpec »

Is there a way to make a line graph that doesn't update until the web parser runs? For example, I have an API that I use to check some rankings on Google, and can pull in these numbers to RainMeter, but as far as I can tell, the only line graph that's available is constantly moving at all times. I would want the line graph to update only when the rankings are checked (when the web parser is executed).

Thanks!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Line graph that only updates on web parser execute?

Post by balala »

highpec wrote:Is there a way to make a line graph that doesn't update until the web parser runs? For example, I have an API that I use to check some rankings on Google, and can pull in these numbers to RainMeter, but as far as I can tell, the only line graph that's available is constantly moving at all times. I would want the line graph to update only when the rankings are checked (when the web parser is executed).
I think there is. Add an UpdateDivider=-1 option to the Line meter and the following option to the parent WebParser measure: LeftMouseUpAction=[!UpdateMeter "LineMeter"][!Redraw]. Obviously in the !UpdateMeter bang, you have to add the appropriate name of the Line meter.
The UpdateDivider=-1 option added to the Line meter makes it to not be updated. The parent WebParser measure executes its FinishAction when it connects to the site and parses the data. This will update the Line meter.
highpec

Post by highpec »

balala wrote:I think there is. Add an UpdateDivider=-1 option to the Line meter and the following option to the parent WebParser measure: LeftMouseUpAction=[!UpdateMeter "LineMeter"][!Redraw]. Obviously in the !UpdateMeter bang, you have to add the appropriate name of the Line meter.
The UpdateDivider=-1 option added to the Line meter makes it to not be updated. The parent WebParser measure executes its FinishAction when it connects to the site and parses the data. This will update the Line meter.
Thank you for this -- haven't had a chance to test it yet! Finishing up my first, and hopefully.. ermm.. last for now, massive RainMeter Skin that is running on a 16" Monitor from a Chromebook that's modded with Windows 10, monitoring the 3 PCs in my network. Was fun, but so much manual design stuff, it got a bit frustrating. Took like 1.5 weeks :X
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

highpec wrote:Thank you for this -- haven't had a chance to test it yet!
Ok, test it and let me know how does it work.
highpec wrote:Was fun, but so much manual design stuff, it got a bit frustrating. Took like 1.5 weeks :X
Don't worry, over time I've written skins even for months, up to half of year. Keep working...