It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:23 pm

Help with window maximize detection

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ChristenColour

Help with window maximize detection

Post by ChristenColour »

Is there any way for rainmeter to detect the maximizing of a window and trigger an action?

I've been working on a project for a while now, and I've run into somewhat of an issue. So I've made my taskbar transparent through the use of classic shell's opacity settings, and I would like to use rainmeter (or anything else really, I'm just trying to make it happen) to make the taskbar opaque or a different opacity when a window is maximized, because http://imgur.com/3xqgk5d looks fantastic, however, when a window is maximized it looks like this: http://imgur.com/zMObRGf which is significantly less than ideal.

what I would like to do is use the skin that is behind my transparent taskbar, making a shadow to ensure the readability of various icons on my task bar with varying backgrounds, to detect when a window is maximized, and make a solid color image meter with the dimensions of my taskbar visible.

I discussed this with the people over on the classic shell forums: http://www.classicshell.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5619 and I learned that this may be doable with display fusion, which can detect when you detect a window, and triger an action, but I'm not familiar with it, and am not really sure how display fusion would interact with rainmeter.

That being said, display fusion is also rather expensive, and I would prefer to find a free way to do this, such as a rainmeter plugin, or something else.

does anyone know of some way I could accomplish this?

thank all you very much~
Amplifyr

Re: Help with window maximize detection

Post by Amplifyr »

I know it's been quite a while. But I really need a solution to the same. :???:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Amplifyr wrote:I know it's been quite a while. But I really need a solution to the same. :???:
Rainmeter has no control over Windows GUI like the task bar and any attempt to modify it is going to be an ugly hack. :17denial

I would recommend trying the Translucent taskbar plugin to blur the taskbar.

Secondly, you can always edit Windows task bar settings, and activate "Auto-hide taskbar" in desktop mode. :sly:

Hope this helps
Amplifyr

Post by Amplifyr »

Rainmeter has no control over Windows GUI like the task bar and any attempt to modify it is going to be an ugly hack
I think you misunderstood. I wasn't talking about the taskbar. It's the Window Maximization Detection I need help with. If any (and I mean any) window is open & maximized, I would like to know. The taskbar customization on the other hand, I can handle. I'm already using the plugin you've recommended.

Hope this clears things up :D.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

You can look at this addon by JSMorley: Wondow State.

Your images suggested you didn't like the appearance of the taskbar, so I may have misunderstood what you hope to achieve. :confused: