It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:39 am

VisBuble help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Bluepheonix30

VisBuble help

Post by Bluepheonix30 »

I have been working on creating my first rainmeter desktop and have run across some problems. No matter what i do i can not seem to get visbuble to work no mater what media player i set it to, any help regarding this would be very useful. Second is there any music players and visualizers that would work with YouTube and a whole range of media?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: VisBuble help

Post by eclectic-tech »

All visualizers are based on the AudioLevel plugin by DGrace. Visualizers will respond to ANY sound from the default sound device.

The media player setting in any visualizer is only there to obtain Title/Artist info, and has no bearing on whether the visualizer "works" or not.

I would suggest following the troubleshooting guide here to get a visualizer "working"...
Bluepheonix30

Post by Bluepheonix30 »

I wish i knew what that means but i dont, what am i supposed to do because it seems to go right over my head
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Bluepheonix30 wrote:I wish i knew what that means but i dont, what am i supposed to do because it seems to go right over my head
It means the media player selection has nothing to do with getting a visualizer to work...

If no visualizers are working for you, then go through the steps in the troubleshooting guide to get them working... :)
(click the underlined blue text above to open the troubleshooting guide post)

If after checking all 9 steps you still cannot get a visualizer working, follow step 10 in that post, and attach the resulting file to this post.
Bluepheonix30

Post by Bluepheonix30 »

well i am not entirely sure if i have the audio level plugin installed, is it automatically installed?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Bluepheonix30 wrote:well i am not entirely sure if i have the audio level plugin installed, is it automatically installed?
Yes it is.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/plugins/audiolevel/
Bluepheonix30

Post by Bluepheonix30 »

ok well i went through all the steps and it still is not working
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Bluepheonix30 wrote:ok well i went through all the steps and it still is not working
ok, what about Step 10?... :confused:

If it is still not working, I should expect to see error messages in the your log...
Do you have any errors in !About, Log tab?

Beyond any additional info, if the 9-steps didn't help, than I am stumped... good luck! :???:
Bluepheonix30

Post by Bluepheonix30 »

now do you see it?
it says failed to initialize audio client
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Bluepheonix30 wrote:now do you see it?
it says failed to initialize audio client
Well, that tells me you probably have a program that has EXCLUSIVE CONTROL of your audio device... described in step 8...
Troubleshooting AudioLevel wrote:8. There's a known issue where the loopback client will fail to initialize if the device is running in WASAPI exclusive mode. Make sure none of the devices are able to take exclusive control of the stream. One way to prevent apps taking exclusive control is to right click on the volume icon, select "Playback Devices", pick your device, right-click and do Properties, look in the Advanced tab, and disable "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device". Restart Rainmeter.
So you need to do the above action AND most likely, your PC has sound 'enhancement' software (such as nahimic, sonic, etc.)... These prevent Rainmeter from accessing the audio, so no visualizers will work.

Your only option may be to remove those programs and install the original audio hardware drivers (not for the novice).

That's has worked in many of these situations, and is the only answer I can suggest.