It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:08 pm

Would Z position toggling via hotkey be possible?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
MetalTxus

Would Z position toggling via hotkey be possible?

Post by MetalTxus »

I have many desktop skins that I would like to bring up on hotkey press (something like Alt+Q).

I know each skin has a "Position" value ranking from desktop to topmost and I was wondering if it was possible to alter this on key press. My first guess is "no", as I haven't been able to find anything on key capturing with Rainmeter, but I still wanted to make sure.
Last edited by MetalTxus on July 25th, 2017, 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Would Z position toggling via hotkey be possible?

Post by jsmorley »

MetalTxus

Post by MetalTxus »

jsmorley wrote:You might look at this:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=102030#p102030
Thanks, that works perfectly.
Just for the sake of improvement, is there a way to set the ZPos value to all the skins in a folder? I currently have:

Code: Select all

[Hotkey]
Measure = Plugin
Plugin = HotKey
HotKey = ALT Q
KeyDownAction = [!ZPos "2" "MetalTxus - Modular Steam Launcher\Games list"][!ZPos "2" "MetalTxus - Modular Steam Launcher\Toggler"][!ZPos "2" "MetalTxus - Modular Steam Launcher\Library Shortcut"]
KeyUpAction = [!ZPos "-2" "MetalTxus - Modular Steam Launcher\Games list"][!ZPos "-2" "MetalTxus - Modular Steam Launcher\Toggler"][!ZPos "-2" "MetalTxus - Modular Steam Launcher\Library Shortcut"]
...but I intend on adding additional skins and it seems kind of inefficient to list them manually.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

MetalTxus wrote:Just for the sake of improvement, is there a way to set the ZPos value to all the skins in a folder?
One solution would be to include all those configs into a group (adding the [url=https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/groups/#Group]Group[/url]=GroupName option into the [Rainmeter] sections off all needed skins), then instead of the !ZPos bang, use the !ZPosGroup. With this approach you'll be able to set the positions of all skins included into the group.
MetalTxus

Post by MetalTxus »

balala wrote:One solution would be to include all those configs into a group (adding the [url=https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/groups/#Group]Group[/url]=GroupName option into the [Rainmeter] sections off all needed skins), then instead of the !ZPos bang, use the !ZPosGroup. With this approach you'll be able to set the positions of all skins included into the group.
Sounds nice, wasn't aware that was an option. I thought groups only worked with meters, how do you set them to skins? Same syn

I'd always thought groups only worked with meters, glad to know I was wrong. I finally got everything working as desired so thank you both :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

MetalTxus wrote:I'd always thought groups only worked with meters, glad to know I was wrong. I finally got everything working as desired so thank you both :)
As you can see, Groups can be defined either on skins, either on meters and finally either on measures. Many times is a useful thing to work with.
I'm glad if I could help.