It is currently April 26th, 2024, 1:22 pm

Thanks to the people of Rainmeter Forum!

General topics related to Rainmeter.
karmat

Thanks to the people of Rainmeter Forum!

Post by karmat »

I'm not a skinner nor a coder, just a customization nut who loves to tweak her desktop. Though I will say that since I discovered Rainmeter a couple of months ago, I am slowly learning by trial and error how to change fonts, colors, type size etc. Maybe someday soon I'll be able to put something together of my own to share. Obviously I miss not having a weather app to use.

But since this whole fiasco started, I have to say that I am so impressed with the people on this site for their positive outlook in finding a solution to this issue!

I just wanted to give a big hand to everyone here for working so hard and sharing their progress and news as it happens. I have high hopes that you'll be able to come up with a legal working solution so that we can have weather displayed on our desktops again.

Keep up the great work, I know that I really appreciate it, and others must as well!
sgtevmckay

Re: Thanks to the people of Rainmeter Forum!

Post by sgtevmckay »

Thank you so much

It is nice to know we are accomplishing stuff :D

any questions as you work with Rainmeter are always welcome, as you need assistance we are here.

Once you have completed your skin, it will be welcome here at the forums 8-)
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

The more the merrier! Everyone does what she or he can, and it's fun! :D
It's nice to see that someone actually just, stands up and say "Thank you". It makes everything more fun! :D

Now, I feel hypocritical saying this as I've not published much of anything... But at least some. And I feel that I will never be able to offer as much as some of the guys here (Sarge, jsmorley, dm... I'm looking your way <.< <--- See! I'm looking!). Those are really fantastic! No matter what question, they are sure to lend a hand, offer advice and point out how you might do it easier.

So... eeh... I too will say, Thank you so much!

(Oh boy did I not intend to write all this in this post. '>.> )

ChewToy

I do not think you are watching as closely as you think you are, my friend 8-)
In the scheme of things you help more people directly than I do :oops:
Your knowledge of Rainmeter, at this time, far exceeds my own.
I monitor and read as many posts as I can, and your assistance is usually spot on :D
If you notice, a lot of my posts are to defer to someone else who knows.

I help where I can, I test skins, I splice a few items together, but I have yet to actually tackle a full skin, or even read the manual completely. :lol:
I do the foot work; I go get what the community need and as possible, what the community wants.
I am just a driving force, a cheer leader as it were, a Foot to the collective Rear End :?
You actually have helped people walk through the code. I count the times I have done that on one hand.

But I belittle no one. that is what I do, that is my talent
I do what I do best:
"helping people help Themselves"

we have gifted, talented, willing to help individuals, and those who are willing to learn and pass on the Knowledge.

One are one of these :D
You are a rainner ;)

keep it up, we can always use another Guru

---------------------------------------

Do you know how creepy it is to have someone else answer yourself in your own post? Srsly... It's creepy... I wondered what the heck I had written... Then I realized that Sarge tends to edit posts at times. -_-
Creepy feeling... I feel old... ._o
Last edited by Chewtoy on July 12th, 2009, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Ask not, what the Rainmeter Forum can do for you, but what you can do for the Rainmeter Forum...
Seriously though we started this up because we love Rainmeter, and want to help more people achieve the sense of accomplishment you get when you complete your perfect desktop environment. I thank you for your thanks on behalf of all of us.
Deviatore

Post by Deviatore »

yeah you r rite. since i have joined this forums, i have been continuously asking lots of questions based on the improper functionioning of some widgets and i was glad to see that all of my questions were answered and i was really happy about that :)
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

:oops:

Youa re most certainly welcome :D