It is currently April 24th, 2024, 7:29 pm

Rainmeter Sreensaver

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Zxurian

Rainmeter Sreensaver

Post by Zxurian »

I just got done customizing my desktop, and have created a taskbar replacement solution, however I like alot of the ideas that people had for information straight off of their desktop, and would like to work on my own, the problem is that like most people I imagine, I work with alot of my windows maximized.

Is there any way to have a screen saver that will utilitze rainmeter data configs so that I can see the full desktop and put my own info up there?
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Rainmeter Sreensaver

Post by dragonmage »

Not that I know of, but I bet you could create an Auto-It or AHK app that would minimize all your windows after a certain amount of time with no keyboard or mouse activity. So just run Rainmeter as normal and when you walk away the windows will minimize out of the way.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dragonmage wrote:Not that I know of, but I bet you could create an Auto-It or AHK app that would minimize all your windows after a certain amount of time with no keyboard or mouse activity. So just run Rainmeter as normal and when you walk away the windows will minimize out of the way.
hmmmmm... Then it needs to remember what it minimized, react to mouse movement or key input, and restore the windows it minimized. It probably should have "password" capabilites and should be able to play an .mp3 file while it is in "screensaver" mode too. ;-)
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

I was thinking just send the win+m keystroke, then catch any key hit after that and send the win+shift+m.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dragonmage wrote:I was thinking just send the win+m keystroke, then catch any key hit after that and send the win+shift+m.
Yeah, but doesn't that restore ALL windows, even ones which were already minimized and were not minimized by the application?

edit: Just checked... No, Win-M remembers which windows it minimizes and Win-Shift-M only restores those. Nice. That would be all you need.
Zxurian

Post by Zxurian »

i thought about using Win-M / Win-Shift-M, the only problem is the password issue someone else brought up. I've got sensetitive information on my laptop, so I need to lock it when I walk away.

Now I'm used to just hitting Win-L to lock it, and then unlock when I come back, but i'd like someway to fit rainmeter in there somewhere. Is there a small program that will password input after a Win-M or something like that? Or hell, even better, have Win-L linked to rainmeter somehow?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Zxurian wrote:i thought about using Win-M / Win-Shift-M, the only problem is the password issue someone else brought up. I've got sensetitive information on my laptop, so I need to lock it when I walk away.

Now I'm used to just hitting Win-L to lock it, and then unlock when I come back, but i'd like someway to fit rainmeter in there somewhere. Is there a small program that will password input after a Win-M or something like that? Or hell, even better, have Win-L linked to rainmeter somehow?
Not that I know of. Sorry.