It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:38 pm

what's the difference between Rainmeter and xbox game bar?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
vstMaker

what's the difference between Rainmeter and xbox game bar?

Post by vstMaker »

It seems that they are alike both in UI and functions.I am not sure whether they are same in develop principle.But when user runs and operates Xbox game Bar, the running game isn't be disturbed. I can load Rainmeter with voice or hotkey and it can display on the top of game, but when operate Rainmeter, the game will be disturbed, some games like NEED FOR SPEED have no voice. Is Xbox game bar special in design? Can Rainmeter do like it?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: what's the difference between Rainmeter and xbox game bar?

Post by jsmorley »

vstMaker wrote: May 13th, 2021, 8:30 am It seems that they are alike both in UI and functions.I am not sure whether they are same in develop principle.But when user runs and operates Xbox game Bar, the running game isn't be disturbed. I can load Rainmeter with voice or hotkey and it can display on the top of game, but when operate Rainmeter, the game will be disturbed, some games like NEED FOR SPEED have no voice. Is Xbox game bar special in design? Can Rainmeter do like it?
Rainmeter is nothing like XBox Game Bar at all. The best bet for using Rainmeter with full-screen games is to get the latest beta version of Rainmeter, and turn on the automatic Game Mode functionality. That way Rainmeter will just get out of the way.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/user-interface/manage/#GameModeTab
vstMaker

Post by vstMaker »

jsmorley wrote: May 13th, 2021, 12:18 pm Rainmeter is nothing like XBox Game Bar at all. The best bet for using Rainmeter with full-screen games is to get the latest beta version of Rainmeter, and turn on the automatic Game Mode functionality. That way Rainmeter will just get out of the way.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/user-interface/manage/#GameModeTab
Thanks for reply. I download the latest version and take a look at the GAME MODE. The GAME MODE is used to unload some skins and my concern is that when full-screen game is running, the skin displays on the topmost. And when user click the skin window, the current full screen game will be muted. When I start xbox game bar, I click the widget on the topmost and the game will not be muted. Could rainmeter realize this? And do you know how xbox game bar realize this function. It seems something like overlays? Any help will be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

vstMaker wrote: May 14th, 2021, 3:22 am Thanks for reply. I download the latest version and take a look at the GAME MODE. The GAME MODE is used to unload some skins and my concern is that when full-screen game is running, the skin displays on the topmost. And when user click the skin window, the current full screen game will be muted. When I start xbox game bar, I click the widget on the topmost and the game will not be muted. Could rainmeter realize this? And do you know how xbox game bar realize this function. It seems something like overlays? Any help will be appreciated.
Rainmeter is not made for things like this if you are wondering. Each Rainmeter skin is a window of itself, if you focus on it other running applications will lose focus, resulting in muting or pausing depending on what their on unfocus characteristic is. XBOX GameBar is totally another thing. So don't expect Rainmeter to do things for you like GameBar.

But if you want,
  a possible work around is setting skin position to topmost and enable Click through  
from the Realm of Death