It is currently April 25th, 2024, 2:03 am

Question regarding Fullscreen

General topics related to Rainmeter.
ziluW

Question regarding Fullscreen

Post by ziluW »

Hello everyone,

I've started using Rainmeter only recently and have run into a small problem when running fullscreen games.

To begin with, I have 2 screens with different resolutions (4k and 1080p, respectively). Normally, I have a couple of skins monitoring system information, sitting at the bottom-left corner of my secondary screen, and they work fine. However, when I enter fullscreen mode in any game on my primary screen, the skins on my secondary screen will move randomly to different locations, some hiding partially at the edge of the screen making it impossible to read. This is only during when I'm in-game in fullscreen. Once I finish and exit the game, all skins go back to their original position perfectly. So as you can see this is not a huge problem, but it kinda defeats the original purpose: to have a cool-looking system info monitoring up on my 2nd screen when I'm in-game.

Therefore, is there anyway to have skins stick to their position on my secondary screen when I enter fullscreen mode on my primary screen?

There are some alternatives and workarounds I can think of, such as playing the game in borderless or windowed mode, or using OSD with MSI Afterburner instead. For the former, it gets awkward because due to GPU limit I'm running the game 2k resolution so borderless will make the game look really small on my 4k monitor. The latter is my current method, but it would be cool to actually be able to use rainmeter for this as OSD is only a overlay, not something constantly visible on my second screen.

Anyways, thanks for reading all this and I really appreciate any help!
ziluW

Re: Question regarding Fullscreen

Post by ziluW »

Ok, I've found the solution to the problem. Turns out it's been in the rainmeter settings all this time :oops: . I'll just post it here for easy access to people who may run into the same issue in the future.

The cause of the problem is that by default rainmeter puts all skins on the virtual screen and uses the virtual screen's resolution, which is a combined screen of all monitors, instead of any one single monitor. To change that just checkmark the "auto select based on window position" option in rainmeter display settings, which just tells skins to detect the resolution of the current monitor it's on... which solves the problem! Yay!