It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:30 pm

Replacement for 2 gadgets

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Texan

Replacement for 2 gadgets

Post by Texan »

Hi folks, in moving from Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro I will have to give up two beloved gadgets, All CPU Meter and Slideshow.exe. A post in How-To Geek suggested seeing if these have been replicated in Rainmeter so that I can move their experience to W10. The CPU meter was a standard W7 gadget. I found Slideshow on the web to replace the one I had used in Vista. The Vista one came with a set of non-replaceable images. The one I found uses JPG images that I place in a file for it, and rotates through them in a space of about an inch and a half wide by an inch tall. I know that the size will depend on the monitor size and resolution, but this will give you an idea that the images are small.

I would dearly love to replace these gadgets with ones that do the same thing, and would appreciate your advice!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Replacement for 2 gadgets

Post by balala »

Texan wrote: December 29th, 2019, 9:22 pm I would dearly love to replace these gadgets with ones that do the same thing, and would appreciate your advice!
I'm promoting one of my recent works: Mirage suite.
Among other skins, Mirage has these skins as well: CoreTemp can be used to replace All CPU Meters, while Slideshow obviously can replace Slideshow (how convenient!). About this last skin, it has 12 transition effects between the consecutive images. Slideshow is one of my favorites, I worked very much with it, over more years.
A Settings tool also included, to can easily make the needed settings.
If you give it a try, please let me know if you find them useful and if they are working well.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Replacement for 2 gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

Texan wrote: December 29th, 2019, 9:22 pm Hi folks, in moving from Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro I will have to give up two beloved gadgets, All CPU Meter and Slideshow.exe. A post in How-To Geek suggested seeing if these have been replicated in Rainmeter so that I can move their experience to W10. The CPU meter was a standard W7 gadget.
[...snip...]
I would dearly love to replace these gadgets with ones that do the same thing, and would appreciate your advice!
If you want to replace the All CPU Meter exactly, and if you like the legacy style, then I'd suggest checking out my Gadgets on DA. Also here. If these are what you are looking for and you also want a slideshow gadget too, then check this huge suite of Gadget Additions, also on DA.

If you want something that looks a little more modern for Windows 10 but has the same functionality, then check out ModernGadgets. The Gadgets Additions suite can be styled to match the other suites.