It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:11 pm

#@#@Resources problem

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Brian
Developer

Re: #@#@Resources problem

Post by Brian »

dvo wrote: October 17th, 2019, 9:31 am problem loading out of #@#@Resources\Variables.inc
The #@# variable expands to the @Resources folder in the root config folder.

#@#@Resources\Variables.inc is not correct, since that would expand to: @Resources\@Resources\Variables.inc

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/variables/built-in-variables/#@
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/skins/resources-folder/

-Brian
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Well I guess you could have a folder structure like this: C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\YourSkin\@Resources\@Resources\, but I doubt that is the case.

I really suspect that if you remove the "@Resources" portion and leave it as #@#Variables.inc, it will work......assuming your "Variables.inc" file is located in the correct folder (something like C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\YourSkin\@Resources\)

Your @Resources folder should always be in the "root" config folder...not individual "child" folders.

The #@# variable will only point this: C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\YourSkin\@Resources\
and will not point to this: C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\YourSkin\SomeOtherFolder\@Resources\

-Brian
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

dvo wrote: October 17th, 2019, 10:22 am ALL > skinname > skin folders... and @ resources
So for this skin config (ALL), the appropriate @Resources folder location is: C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\All\@Resources\ <--- This is what the #@# variable is expanding to.

NOT: C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\All\SkinName\SomeFolder\@Resources\

-Brian
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

dvo wrote: October 17th, 2019, 10:26 am so i have to put all @resources of all skins in one? because all has nothing in it only the sub folders of all skins...
Yes. The #@# variable always points to the root config folder's @Resources folder.

So the #@# variable will not work for a folder structure like this: ALL\Skin1\@Resources

It would need to be: All\@Resources\

-Brian
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

dvo wrote: October 17th, 2019, 10:33 am so i have to put all @resources of all skins in one? because all has nothing in it only the sub folders of all skins...

ALL = root
then sub folders: aka calander,time ect in there comes :
@resources
Calander
some.inc
Yes.

Root Config: Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\ALL\
@Resources: Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\ALL\@Resources\

Any use of the #@# variable in any skin under the "ALL" folder (even in the sub folders) will point to the above folder.

-Brian