It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:23 am

How to toggle skin above the window or not

General topics related to Rainmeter.
binhchili

How to toggle skin above the window or not

Post by binhchili »

Does Rainmeter have an option allow me to show the skin above all other windows when necessary? This is helpful for me when I'm working with lots of windows and I don't want to go to desktop just to check my skin.
pul53dr1v3r

Re: How to toggle skin above the window or not

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

binhchili wrote: September 25th, 2019, 1:07 am Does Rainmeter have an option allow me to show the skin above all other windows when necessary? This is helpful for me when I'm working with lots of windows and I don't want to go to desktop just to check my skin.

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How to toggle skin above the window or not

Post by balala »

binhchili wrote: September 25th, 2019, 1:07 am Does Rainmeter have an option allow me to show the skin above all other windows when necessary? This is helpful for me when I'm working with lots of windows and I don't want to go to desktop just to check my skin.
Beside Pul53dr1v3r's reply on how to set certain skin so, the question is what do you want to bring in front: just one single skin, or all loaded skins. Because if you need to get them all in front, I'd try another approach.
For instance create a new config with a skin, adding the following code:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1

[Variables]
Wait=3

[MeterButton]
Meter=Image
X=0
Y=0
W=50
H=50
SolidColor=255,240,0
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ZPos "2" *][!Delay "(1000*#Wait#)"][!ZPos "0" *]
If you load the skin with the above code you'll get one single yellow rectangle on screen. When you click it all loaded skins are bring in front, above the existing windows, then after a time set through the Wait variable (in this case 3 seconds) the skins are set back to their normal position, not covering the windows. Obviously you can easily change the wait time, by changing the Wait variable within the [Variables] section.
If needed this code can be updated to bring the skins in front regularly, from time to time. Please let me know if this is needed.