It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:19 pm

Is there a way to access the Windows "Now Playing" interface within Rainmeter?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
raiguard

Is there a way to access the Windows "Now Playing" interface within Rainmeter?

Post by raiguard »

2018-07-17 20_34_45-Factorio 0.16.51.png
I am working on creating an audio control gadget for my suite. Until now, I was under the impression that the NowPlaying plugin simply tapped into the Windows "Now Playing" module, and used that to control media. So you can imagine my dismay when I discovered that it only works with certain audio players.

I know it's possible for third-party software to interface with it because various keyboards have media control keys. My question is, is there a way to access this and control it through Rainmeter?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
Bekarfel

Re: Is there a way to access the Windows "Now Playing" interface within Rainmeter?

Post by Bekarfel »

Multimedia keys are not "Third party software" unless you have a Image I mean :17good keyboard. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/inputdev/virtual-key-codes .
moshi wrote:there are many Rainmeter skins that aren't really useful, so let's add another one.
jsmorley wrote:I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news. [...] We would be happy to have this happen and would love to work with anyone who is feeling ambitious.
Now the good news.
I lied, there isn't any good news...