It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:17 am

Help with web parser?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
highpec

Help with web parser?

Post by highpec »

Basically I have an XML URL that supports basic authentication (tested while logged out), and when the URL is visited, it downloads a file... RainMeter needs to view this file and pull 1 number (my earnings) and update the number every X hours (can it delete the previous file after getting the number? can it view the file without downloading?). There is another network that has an API XML access that doesn't download a file, but 2 of them download files.

I was reading the documentation on web parser, but there isn't much... and it seems to require a lot of pre-existing knowledge in other various forms of scripting to really make it work.
Last edited by highpec on June 19th, 2018, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
highpec

Re: Help with web parser?

Post by highpec »

Edit: Reading the web parser documentation again and testing some stuff... I may be able to get it... let's see.

Edit 2: I PULLED THE FIRST NUMBER! It works! Now let's try the other networks which are much harder (not as easy to identify the correct string to pull)

Edit 3: I got the hard one! By using Regex to search for 2 separate elements on the page before pulling the information (the information I needed was at the bottom but all columns were named the same except one footprint called "footer").

You can delete this thread if you want now. I managed to do exactly what I needed.