It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:19 am

Weather Skin Stopped Working

General topics related to Rainmeter.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Weather Skin Stopped Working

Post by jsmorley »

Becketo wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 11:42 pm Hi Everyone,

New here, but my V2 Clouds no longer works with The Weather Channel. When I go to "The Weather Channel" it no longer shows the code for my city in Japan.
I guess their new code doesn't work with Rainmeter. I know they are stopping their e-mail weather forecasts. Is there another service I can use for V2 Clouds or even another Rainmeter widget? Thanks for your help. :confused:
Assuming you are talking about https://www.deviantart.com/vclouds/art/VClouds-Weather-2-179058977, it works fine with my location code. What city are you located in?

1.jpg

Go Nats!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xenium

Post by xenium »

Becketo wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 11:42 pm New here, but my V2 Clouds no longer works with The Weather Channel.
Try restarting Rainmeter. Right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area and click Exit, then restart from the Start Menu.
Becketo wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 11:42 pm When I go to "The Weather Channel" it no longer shows the code for my city in Japan.
I guess their new code doesn't work with Rainmeter.
TWC accessed by the browser uses new location codes (a very long code).
Replacing the old codes with the new ones I noticed that it started about a year ago.
There is still the TWC version that uses the old codes but ... it is hidden :D .You need to replace the new code in the URL with the old code to access it.
Sometimes there are small differences between the two versions observed especially in the weather details text for Today and in the weather alerts (in the TWC version with the old codes there are additional alerts)
Becketo

Post by Becketo »

OK, but how do I get the old code and where do I replace the new code. Is this edit suppose to take place in V2Clouds?
This is in the edit settings in V2Clouds. Url=http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/#Location#?cc=*&unit=#Unit#&dayf=1
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Becketo wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 12:52 pm OK, but how do I get the old code and where do I replace the new code. Is this edit suppose to take place in V2Clouds?
This is in the edit settings in V2Clouds. Url=http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/#Location#?cc=*&unit=#Unit#&dayf=1
You just need to tell us the current location code you are using, and the name of the city you want to get the weather for.

You might have to find a different location code perhaps, but that should be the extent of it.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Based on your IP address, looks to me like you might be in:

Funabashi : Location code JAXX0011

or

Higashi-osaka : Location code JAXX0016

Either of those right?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

xenium wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 10:20 am Try restarting Rainmeter. Right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area and click Exit, then restart from the Start Menu.

TWC accessed by the browser uses new location codes (a very long code).
Replacing the old codes with the new ones I noticed that it started about a year ago.
There is still the TWC version that uses the old codes but ... it is hidden :D .You need to replace the new code in the URL with the old code to access it.
Sometimes there are small differences between the two versions observed especially in the weather details text for Today and in the weather alerts (in the TWC version with the old codes there are additional alerts)
Annoying behavior I guess. You can't use that long number in your skins, it is only supported on the web site, and not in the wxdata feed.

You really need to go to http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/search/search?where=Chicago in your browser, replacing "Chicago" with the name of your location. Then you can get the standard location code (loc id) you need.

Code: Select all

<search ver="3.0">
<loc id="USIL0225" type="1">Chicago, IL</loc>
<loc id="NUXX0309" type="1">Chicago, AS, Nicaragua</loc>
<loc id="BHXX0064" type="1">Chicago, BZ, Belize</loc>
<loc id="PELL0183" type="1">Chicago, LAL, Peru</loc>
<loc id="RPMN0106" type="1">Chicago, MDR, Philippines</loc>
<loc id="GTXX5138" type="1">Chicago, SU, Guatemala</loc>
<loc id="MXCS0225" type="1">Chicago, CS, Mexico</loc>
<loc id="MXOA0301" type="1">Chicago, OA, Mexico</loc>
<loc id="MZNS0449" type="1">Chicago, A, Mozambique</loc>
<loc id="USIN0782" type="1">New Chicago, IN</loc>
</search>
The standard location code will work both on the web site and in the feed, but that long hash number is only for the web site.
Becketo

Post by Becketo »

Hi Everyone,

I got it to work following DVO's hint for Tokyo.

1. It had nothing to do with editing "Glasses V2Clouds" ini.file.
2. But it did have something to do with the skin variants.
3. I unloaded the skin.
4. I reloaded the skin; The Weather Channel logo appeared, and to the right is a little wheel where I can input my city location.
5. I deleted and reentered the city code for Kashiwa, JP "JAXX0228:1:JA
6. I noticed some of the varients of the skin didn't work, and some did.
7. I chose a 9-day forecast.
8. The widget no longer shows the Weather Channel logo as it did before.
9. It is up and running. I am again a happy camper. :D

Thanks, for everyone's help.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Good deal...