It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:08 pm

Weather Skin Stopped Working

General topics related to Rainmeter.
roan420

Weather Skin Stopped Working

Post by roan420 »

Hello, First time poster and I know next to nothing about codes for Rainmeter. I'm using CogsTubesGauges Skin. Yesterday the weather gauge stopped working. When I clicked on the weather gauge to go to Weather.com it didn't go to the page it use to. It now goes to what looks like a Weather.com Home Page. Has Weather.com changed something that has broken the weather gauge or is something broken in the CogsTubesGauges Skin? I'm using the weather code 46957:4:US Thanks for any help.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather Skin Stopped Working

Post by eclectic-tech »

That skin is "kind of" working for me with your settings of 46957:4:US as the WeatherCode variable... :17nodding

I would try rebooting your system and see if the skin starts working; it is possible that the Webparser in Rainmeter is hung, and restarting your system should reset it.

EDIT: Looking closer, there are changes at Weather.com that have broken the ability of this skin to obtain all of the information it needs to work... changes are needed to the LUA code included in the skin. Perhaps someone can look into it, or I would recommend trying to contact the original author (mordasius) about the issues.
Last edited by eclectic-tech on June 2nd, 2018, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:I would try rebooting your system and see if the skin starts working; it is possible that the Webparser in Rainmeter is hung, and restarting your system should reset it.
A restart of Rainmeter rather then restarting the computer could be enough. Worth a try.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

I completely missed the point of your issue, there was a change at Weather.com that is causing the skin to load the main weather page. :17readbook

Edited first reply and removed partial code fix due to other issues that also need repair. :17flag
Last edited by eclectic-tech on June 2nd, 2018, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roan420

Post by roan420 »

Thanks for the help on the weather page. I rebooted and the gauge still doesn't work. I think you're correct on the Webparser in Rainmeter is hung. Should I reinstall Rainmeter and the skins?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

roan420 wrote:Thanks for the help on the weather page. I rebooted and the gauge still doesn't work. I think you're correct on the Webparser in Rainmeter is hung. Should I reinstall Rainmeter and the skins?
No, there are several isues that prevent the skin from working, all due to changes at Weather.com. See my edit above on the first post.

Perhaps someone can look at the LUA code and correct it. I can not at this time...
roan420

Post by roan420 »

Thank-you for all your Help. :17good
roan420

Post by roan420 »

For some reason the weather is working today. I made no changes to it. :17nodding
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

roan420 wrote:For some reason the weather is working today. I made no changes to it. :17nodding
Waiting a short time before making any changes is always a good tactic when dealing with weather skins and any weather data source. Glad to hear it corrected itself. :D
Becketo

Post by Becketo »

Hi Everyone,

New here, but my V2 Clouds no longer works with The Weather Channel. When I go to "The Weather Channel" it no longer shows the code for my city in Japan.
I guess their new code doesn't work with Rainmeter. I know they are stopping their e-mail weather forecasts. Is there another service I can use for V2 Clouds or even another Rainmeter widget? Thanks for your help. :confused: