It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:21 pm

win 10 reintroducing background blur

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Ragingwasabi

win 10 reintroducing background blur

Post by Ragingwasabi »

if i understand this right, windows 10 will bring back transparent background in a future update.
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/05/09/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17666/

hmmm perhaps this means we can finally have transparent background and blurring in our skins again?
Brian
Developer

Re: win 10 reintroducing background blur

Post by Brian »

Nothing in that article suggests that custom background blurring (like Windows 7 had) is "coming back" anytime soon. I think you are noticing the "Acrylic" design Windows has introduced in the last few versions of Windows 10. I am not certain these are available for all versions of Windows 10.

While these look similar, they are vastly different internally and not easily accessed like the old DWM compositing functions from Windows 7.

While still in its infancy, we will look into what can be done from a win32 app, and how much control over it we have. More than likely, if we do add something like this in the future, we will probably come up with new options that better suit the control of all the options that we have access to.

-Brian
Ragingwasabi

Post by Ragingwasabi »

oh i see. well ill have my fingers crossed
Botelho

Post by Botelho »

Briaen wrote: May 14th, 2018, 2:15 pm Nothing in that article suggests that custom background blurring (like Windows 7 had) is "coming back" anytime soon. I think you are noticing the "Acrylic" design Windows has introduced in the last few versions of Windows 10. I am not certain these are available for all versions of Windows 10.

While these superb weight loss pills for men look similar, they are vastly different internally and not easily accessed like the old DWM compositing functions from Windows 7.

While still in its infancy, we will look into what can be done from a win32 app, and how much control over it we have. More than likely, if we do add something like this in the future, we will probably come up with new options that better suit the control of all the options that we have access to.

-Brian
Well, this raised my hopes up for a second too. Cheers for the clarification, Brian. I just don't get why this can't be implemented if people want it. Come on, Microsoft...