It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:50 am

Taskbar Min/Max

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Chitchou

Taskbar Min/Max

Post by Chitchou »

Hi guys, don t want to pollute the forum, I know that rainmeter is NOT a replacement to windows but who knows :p

I've installled, the SENJA suite, and my "dream" would be that the app that I run would minimize on the customized taskbar from SENJA suite. So i've looked for on the internet and yet, I see that everyone is pretty saying that it s quite not possible.
But then I found this : https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainmeter/comments/6qi7ej/polybar_v10_a_taskbar_a_workspace_manager_a_music/

Which is almost what i am looking for... Don t know if I am clear, but seems that this guy did it. Can someone explain?

Thanks all :)

(sorry about my english)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Taskbar Min/Max

Post by balala »

Chitchou wrote:I've installled, the SENJA suite, and my "dream" would be that the app that I run would minimize on the customized taskbar from SENJA suite. So i've looked for on the internet and yet, I see that everyone is pretty saying that it s quite not possible.
But then I found this : https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainmeter/comments/6qi7ej/polybar_v10_a_taskbar_a_workspace_manager_a_music/

Which is almost what i am looking for...
Let's summarize. You would like the Windows apps to run minimized on the skin, or instead the Rainmeter skins to run so? Because these two are not the same at all.
If the first case is the case, that's indeed not possible. As yourself said, Rainmeter isn't a replacement nor for Windows taskbar and generally nor for the interface elements of Windows.
On the other hand in second case, I can imagine a skin which could be used to hide the loaded skins, then to restore them.
So, a few details please about what you would like to achieve.
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

Essentially polybar is using a lot of hacks and unreleased plugins to do that, it is pretty unstable which is why none of use recommend it as it stands now.

You could try to get your skin dev to support that but I doubt that will happen.
Chitchou

Post by Chitchou »

well, I think you said it, it s kinda of the same than what s doin the taskbar, I think rocket dock doin' quite same, ill try thanks for the answers guys :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

If you have further questions, feel free to come back with them.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Chitchou wrote:well, I think you said it, it s kinda of the same than what s doin the taskbar, I think rocket dock doin' quite same, ill try thanks for the answers guys :)
Sorry, but you're asking a taskbar substitute (sort of) and then you're saying that RocketDock, a simple launcher, would do the same...
Rainmeter can launch everything and any program as RocketDock, with the benefit that you can give it any shape/design you want.
On the other hand, RochetDock is only a launcher.
I have used it, many years ago, when I wasn't aware of Rainmeter's first steps, so I know what I'm saying.
Chitchou

Post by Chitchou »

to be "clearer" I guesse that you guys all know Honeycomb icons. So imagine when you click it opens, but when you minimize, instead of going in the windows taskbar it would "go back" into honeycomb icons.
What I would like is kinda the same for the senja taskbar, but as you told me guys it s impossible!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Chitchou wrote:So imagine when you click it opens, but when you minimize, instead of going in the windows taskbar it would "go back" into honeycomb icons.
Going any running app back to a Rainmeter skin? No way, (or at least) I don't think so...
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

If anything can do what you want, it will be this plugin:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=120664#p120664