It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:19 pm

WYSIWYG editor for Rainmeter - RainDesigner Project

General topics related to Rainmeter.
nakamoto0

Re: WYSIWYG editor for Rainmeter - RainDesigner Project

Post by nakamoto0 »

Nightblade wrote:I'm pleased to see you went ahead and gave it a red-hot try.

I remember the devs over at Path of Exile said that a loot filter for their game couldn't possibly be automatically generated because it was far too complex. Now I regularly use a website that does exactly that!

Yes, it is omplex because it uses many of INI file tha can not support some new features,it is really complicated, so I have rewritten several versions, and now this version is what I think is the most worthwhile to continue development. I hope to finish the first preview as soon as possible.
I am just trying to make it become more simply and more easy to create skins/themes for new user.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: RainDesigner Project - WYSIWYG editor for Rainmeter

Post by balala »

You've posted just an image, not a "project". There is any?
nakamoto0 wrote:Add Measure: Time,Weather
What a Weather measure is? Because Rainmeter definitely doesn't have such measure. Am I missing something?
nakamoto0

Post by nakamoto0 »

balala wrote:You've posted just an image, not a "project". There is any?
What a Weather measure is? Because Rainmeter definitely doesn't have such measure. Am I missing something?
Many people are not optimistic about the development of this WYSIWYG editor. I have developed it for a long time and changed a lot of way and several programming languages to implement it, so I am also confused about whether or not to continue...

I just want to reduce the difficulty of newcomers using Rainmeter to create skin, so I packaged a new measure named "weather": When the user adds a weather measure, the editor will automatically add a webparser measure and auto set URL of weather.com
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

nakamoto0 wrote:Many people are not optimistic about the development of this WYSIWYG editor. I have developed it for a long time and changed a lot of way to implement it, so I am also confused about whether or not to continue...
I didn't see or try out your project, so have no idea what to say. It would be great if you'd post a version, to can test it.
nakamoto0 wrote:I just want to reduce the difficulty of newcomers using Rainmeter to create skin, so I packaged a new measure named "weather": When the user adds a weather measure, the editor will automatically add a webparser measure and set the weather information for weather.com.
Not sure this is a good idea, because:
  • Not all users want to use weather.com. Lately I think more and more users want to use other providers, like foreca.com.
  • But even if anyone would use weather.com, not all users need the same information. Some want just the description and the current temperature, others want much more.
So...
nakamoto0

Post by nakamoto0 »

balala wrote:I didn't see or try out your project, so have no idea what to say. It would be great if you'd post a version, to can test it.

Not sure this is a good idea, because:
  • Not all users want to use weather.com. Lately I think more and more users want to use other providers, like foreca.com.
  • But even if anyone would use weather.com, not all users need the same information. Some want just the description and the current temperature, others want much more.
So...

I known this is not a good idea for a adept guy,but there are many new users not good at this, maybe this is a way to get started for them
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

nakamoto0 wrote:I known this is not a good idea for a adept guy,but there are many new users not good at this, maybe this is a way to get started for them
Ok, as you wish. Finally it's your project.
But my first comment still remains:
balala wrote:It would be great if you'd post a version, to can test it.
nakamoto0

Post by nakamoto0 »

balala wrote:Ok, as you wish. Finally it's your project.
But my first comment still remains:
I will post a preview version when I finished most of base part. Rainmeter meters INI file section can not support child section,this is a big problem for me to solve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

nakamoto0 wrote:Rainmeter meters INI file section can not support child section,this is a big problem for me to solve.
Not see why, but you know.
I wait your post. I'm curious...
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

nakamoto0 wrote:Update Snapshot

Add Meter: String,Bitmap
Add Measure: Time,Weather

Project page on DA: https://www.deviantart.com/nakamoto0/art/WYSIWYG-Visual-editor-for-Rainmeter-RainDesigner-730498605
This is so far has better achieved results comparing to the numerous projects from the past. Yet, I can not tell yet that it covers everything I do within Notepad++. I see many things are missing or not clear. Just for starters, I see that X,Y,W,H have left-right arrows which I assume increase and decrease the value. How does it behave if I want to use Variables or Formulas there? Also, I do not seem to see Meters to support MeterStyles. I could list more relevant notices but it would be useless without trying your app.
RexVine

Post by RexVine »

Hey Nakamoto,

As a person that has spent far too much time making skins. I'm not sure what everyone else is on. I think it's a great idea in general, not to mention getting new users interested. It looks awesome, I can't wait to try it out. I'm sure this project has taken countless hours, keep up the hard work!

Are you planning on posting it up on github when you finish the first release?

:17good