It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:48 am

3 Month Calendar

General topics related to Rainmeter.
BookWalker

3 Month Calendar

Post by BookWalker »

Hi everyone,

I've just discovered Rainmeter and have been searching for a 3 month calendar - present month + the next two consecutive months. Something very simple with present day highlighted and in Spanish. Does anyone know where I can find one like this?

Thanks much for your help!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: 3 Month Calendar

Post by balala »

BookWalker wrote:have been searching for a 3 month calendar - present month + the next two consecutive months. Something very simple with present day highlighted and in Spanish. Does anyone know where I can find one like this?
Not is Spanish, but I wrote a suite, which has a clock, a weather skin and a calendar. Not just for the current and the next two months, you can go forward and backward as you wish. Here it is: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=124162#p124162
I don't think it couldn't be translated into Spanish. If you're interested, give it a try and if you like it, let me know and I'll try to translate it.
BookWalker

Post by BookWalker »

balala wrote:Not is Spanish, but I wrote a suite, which has a clock, a weather skin and a calendar. Not just for the current and the next two months, you can go forward and backward as you wish. Here it is: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=124162#p124162
I don't think it couldn't be translated into Spanish. If you're interested, give it a try and if you like it, let me know and I'll try to translate it.
This calendar would actually work pretty good!!

Some questions... I'm a newb, is there a way to resize it on my desktop?

How difficult is the task of translating? If you'd like, I could give you all of the months and days in Spanish.

I just remembered how important it is for me to know the local holidays. Can this calendar be enabled to highlight holidays in let's say a different color? I could provide the holiday dates for you. Or is there an online site that can be tapped into for local holidays like my present weather skin does with a weather code?
Forget this question about the holidays. I was playing with the calendar a bit more and found that it is possible to customize it myself. YES!

Sorry for all of the questions. A calendar like yours with these features would make my life a lot easier!
Thanks for taking the time to reply!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

BookWalker wrote:This calendar would actually work pretty good!!
Thanks.
BookWalker wrote:Some questions... I'm a newb, is there a way to resize it on my desktop?
Not easy at all. The image used as background should be resized, the numbers representing the days should be repositioned and so on. There's a lot of work. I'm really sorry, but I don't have enough time these days to work with this.
BookWalker wrote:How difficult is the task of translating? If you'd like, I could give you all of the months and days in Spanish.
Not needed. The skin uses Time measures, which can return the name of months in any language. The only needed is the names (in fact the abbreviations) of the days. But I'll use the Google Translate.
BookWalker wrote:I just remembered how important it is for me to know the local holidays. Can this calendar be enabled to highlight holidays in let's say a different color? I could provide the holiday dates for you. Or is there an online site that can be tapped into for local holidays like my present weather skin does with a weather code?
Forget this question about the holidays. I was playing with the calendar a bit more and found that it is possible to customize it myself. YES!
Actually these days I'm working exactly onto adding the holidays. I'd like to add all important holidays, like all Sundays, Christmas, New Year, Easter (I know Easter is always Sunday, but I'd like to indicate the second day of Easter, too). From all these, Easter being a "moving" holiday, again isn't an easy task, but I solved this, using another previous work of mine: the Easter Date.
Beside adding the events, you also can mark an event to be repeated on the same day of every year (by checking the Each year button of the Event setting dialog). Feel free to experiment and ask if you have any question about the skin.
BookWalker wrote:Sorry for all of the questions. A calendar like yours with these features would make my life a lot easier!
Thanks for taking the time to reply!
Don't apologize, I'm glad if people are appreciating my work.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

BookWalker wrote:How difficult is the task of translating? If you'd like, I could give you all of the months and days in Spanish.
To translate the skin, please do the followings:
  • Open the code of the skin (right clicking the skin, then clicking the Edit skin, or, if you're using Rainmeter in Spanish, Administrador de peieles).
  • When the code opens, replace the Day1 - Day7 variables in the [Variables] section with the followings (however check if I've translated them well):

Code: Select all

[Variables]
    Day1=L
    Day2=M
    Day3=M
    Day4=J
    Day5=V
    Day6=S
    Day7=D
    (Just replace these variables and don't touch the others, leave them as they are).
  • Add the FormatLocale=es-ES option to the [MeasureMthName] measure.
That's all. Please let me know either you succeeded, or have any question.
BookWalker

Post by BookWalker »

balala wrote:To translate the skin, please do the followings:
  • Open the code of the skin (right clicking the skin, then clicking the Edit skin, or, if you're using Rainmeter in Spanish, Administrador de peieles).
  • When the code opens, replace the Day1 - Day7 variables in the [Variables] section with the followings (however check if I've translated them well):

Code: Select all

[Variables]
    Day1=L
    Day2=M
    Day3=M
    Day4=J
    Day5=V
    Day6=S
    Day7=D
    (Just replace these variables and don't touch the others, leave them as they are).
  • Add the FormatLocale=es-ES option to the [MeasureMthName] measure.
That's all. Please let me know either you succeeded, or have any question.

Wow that was quick! Thanks!

Sorry for not getting back to you quicker. I'm strapped to a magazine gig.

I'm using English, my native tongue. I live in South America and want the calendar in Spanish so date recognition is more automatic for me when speaking with any local clients.
balala wrote:Not needed. The skin uses Time measures, which can return the name of months in any language. The only needed is the names (in fact the abbreviations) of the days. But I'll use the Google Translate.
Educate me. What are "time measures"?... when I have the calendar running the months are in English. My computer is set to English.

Btw, watch using Google Translate if you are doing full sentences. You could end up saying something embarrassing! It basically translates word for word and misses a lot of sentence structure from one language to another. Not to mention it doesn't know local dialects.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

BookWalker wrote:Where do I do the months?
I'm not sure what you mean by this. What would you like to do with the months? Translate their names? But I think the skin doesn't show the names of the months, just the abbreviations (or I'm wrong? - I worked long time ago on this skin).
BookWalker wrote:Btw, watch using Google Translate if you are doing full sentences. You could end up saying something embarrassing! It basically translates word for word and misses a lot of sentence structure from one language to another. Not to mention it doesn't know local dialects.
Right. But for translating the names of the days, I think it's good enough.
BookWalker

Post by BookWalker »

balala wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by this. What would you like to do with the months? Translate their names? But I think the skin doesn't show the names of the months, just the abbreviations (or I'm wrong? - I worked long time ago on this skin).
It's a three letter abbreviation on the month display, and the full name on the day display.
balala wrote:Right. But for translating the names of the days, I think it's good enough.
Yes, you are right about this.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

BookWalker wrote:It's a three letter abbreviation on the month display, and the full name on the day display.
Ok, I'm sorry, you're right. I'm using just the Month Mon.ini skin, so I forgot there are in fact six different skins and two of them show the day, two the calendar of a month and finally two, show both.
Easiest way to translate everything is to search through the whole code of the skin you're using and add to every time measure, a FormatLocale=es-ES option.
The Time measures are those which have a Measure=Time option.
BookWalker

Post by BookWalker »

balala wrote:Ok, I'm sorry, you're right. I'm using just the Month Mon.ini skin, so I forgot there are in fact six different skins and two of them show the day, two the calendar of a month and finally two, show both.
Easiest way to translate everything is to search through the whole code of the skin you're using and add to every time measure, a FormatLocale=es-ES option.
The Time measures are those which have a Measure=Time option.
Got it! Everything works perfectly! :17good

Another newb question - I want to install this on my laptop also. Am I going to have to schedule all of the holidays for each computer? Example: sit down and do them all on my desktop, then pull out the laptop and schedule them all there... or is there an easy way and I will only have to do it once?