It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:26 am

How to Update Weather Skin Automatically

General topics related to Rainmeter.
ianbogue

How to Update Weather Skin Automatically

Post by ianbogue »

How can I make the Muon Weather Skin automatically update/refresh? I was looking at the temperature at noon, and it said it was 72 degrees in Sunny California! I then refreshed it and it bumped up to 108. Can I make it update automatically to prevent it?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How to Update Weather Skin Automatically

Post by eclectic-tech »

The skin is designed to update the weather every 30 minutes; due to UpdateRate=1800 in the [cWeather] section.

To change the amount of time, modify the UpdateRate value; UpdateRate=600 (updates every 10 minutes), UpdateRate=1200 (updates every 20 minutes).

Code: Select all

[cWeather]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
UpdateRate=1800
Url=http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/#Location#?cc=*&unit=#Unit#&dayf=8
RegExp="(?siU)<weather ver="(.*)">(.*)<tmp>(.*)</tmp>(.*)<t>(.*)</t>(.*)<icon>(.*)</icon>(.*)<day d="1" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">(.*)<hi>(.*)</hi>(.*)<low>(.*)</low>(.*)<icon>(.*)</icon>(.*)<t>(.*)</t>(.*)<day d="2" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">(.*)<hi>(.*)</hi>(.*)<low>(.*)</low>(.*)<icon>(.*)</icon>(.*)<t>(.*)</t>(.*)<day d="3" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">(.*)<hi>(.*)</hi>(.*)<low>(.*)</low>(.*)<icon>(.*)</icon>(.*)<t>(.*)</t>(.*)<day d="4" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">(.*)<hi>(.*)</hi>(.*)<low>(.*)</low>(.*)<icon>(.*)</icon>(.*)<t>(.*)</t>(.*)<day d="5" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">(.*)<hi>(.*)</hi>(.*)<low>(.*)</low>(.*)<icon>(.*)</icon>(.*)<t>(.*)</t>(.*)<day d="6" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">(.*)<hi>(.*)</hi>(.*)<low>(.*)</low>(.*)<icon>(.*)</icon>(.*)<t>(.*)</t>(.*)<day d="7" t="(.*)" dt="(.*)">(.*)<hi>(.*)</hi>(.*)<low>(.*)</low>(.*)<icon>(.*)</icon>(.*)<t>(.*)</t>(.*)"
ianbogue

Post by ianbogue »

So then if I set the UpdateRate to 300, then it would update every 5 mins?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

ianbogue wrote:So then if I set the UpdateRate to 300, then it would update every 5 mins?
Correct.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/plugins/webparser/#UpdateRate
ianbogue

Post by ianbogue »

OK. Thanks!