It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:14 pm

RunCommand Error103 - note

General topics related to Rainmeter.
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

RunCommand Error103 - note

Post by rbriddickk84 »

Greetings!

I would like to note this experience, what i discovered today. I don't know, if this is already known by anyone, but i thought i will present this to the public anyways. :)

I changed the "sigcheck.exe" compatibility properties to Run as Administrator (under win7), and the Error103 code appeared and it didn't functioned afterwards. So if someone have Error103 with RunCommand, check the EXE file if that is "Run as admin" enabled or not. ;)

Again, sorry if this is an already known thing, i just like to help! ^^

Cheers!
Brian
Developer

Re: RunCommand Error103 - note

Post by Brian »

rbriddickk84 wrote:I changed the "sigcheck.exe" compatibility properties to Run as Administrator (under win7), and the Error103 code appeared and it didn't functioned afterwards. So if someone have Error103 with RunCommand, check the EXE file if that is "Run as admin" enabled or not. ;)
I believe the issue is when a program without administrator privileges (Rainmeter) tries to run a program with administrator privileges.

You could try to run Rainmeter with administrator privileges and see if that will work. Or you could try 'elevate' from NirSoft (but not sure it will work).
http://nircmd.nirsoft.net/elevate.html

-Brian
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Re: RunCommand Error103 - note

Post by rbriddickk84 »

Ah, very true, i never thought of that! :D

Honestly, i would love an OS without any "privileges" options. Simply i can do anything, what i want. I am the only user of my pc, so i don't need any other settings. This thing bothers me long time now, but try to live with that...

Anyway, thank you very much for revealing the cause of this error, i am learning, learning, learning! ;)

:thumbup: