It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:57 am

did wxdata.weather.com API change tonight?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
TGonZo

did wxdata.weather.com API change tonight?

Post by TGonZo »

Hi all,

I noticed my weather skin I made all of a sudden stopped working tonight. I see that the XML that wxdata.weather.com provides is now different. It no longer has the <cc>......</cc> section. As far as I know, that changed some time on Sat, 15 Apr 2017.
I was using values in the cc section with my RegEx. That completely broke my RegEx, so no values in my weather skin.

Has anyone else seen this? Anyone else have issues with this URL to get weather data?
I'll wait a day or two, if this looks like a permanent change, I'll have to update my skin and post it. I hope it is temporary and goes back to normal. cc is the current conditions, which are kind of important. Not sure how I would work around it.

Example URL that my skin uses.
http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/USDC0001?cc&dayf=5&unit=&locale=en_US

The <cc>...</cc> section was between the </loc> and <dayf> tags.

I hope this is a temporary glitch.
Thanks,
Tom
CyberTheWorm

Re: did wxdata.weather.com API change tonight?

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Mine are all fine but then I don't parse anything to do with the <cc></cc> so it will not effect any of my skins.

That has been there since at least March and still is
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

the wxdata feed just had some kind of issue for a few hours last night. It's fine now.
TGonZo

Post by TGonZo »

Thanks for checking. I see all is good again. Must have just been a temporary glitch on their part.
I guess it's time I add an option to get the data from a 2nd source. Just in case.