It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:00 pm

VisBubble Position Issue (SOLVED)

General topics related to Rainmeter.
kingtheproducer

VisBubble Position Issue (SOLVED)

Post by kingtheproducer »

Its seems that my VB skin won't allow me to move it to a place where it gets cut off, meaning all "items" or lines cannot be cut off.

If I am utilizing the skin in a full 360 format, it won't allow me to cut off a quarter of the lines if I move it to the top center. See pic.

All in all, I am trying to have my VB skin around the Now Playing skin with the exact format and size as the pic, but everytime I do this, it snaps back in an area where all lines can be displayed.

Can I rewrite the code somewhere so it can bypass this?

Thanks!
Attachments
RM VB.PNG
Last edited by kingtheproducer on April 12th, 2017, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fonpaolo

Re: VisBubble Position Issue

Post by fonpaolo »

I don't know if this can help, however... maybe you have KeepOnScreen enabled in your skin settings.
kingtheproducer

Re: VisBubble Position Issue

Post by kingtheproducer »

Nevermind, I edited the "Coordinates" in the Managed menu for the skin. See pic.

Well, I hope this post helps someone else
Attachments
1.PNG
kyriakos876

Re: VisBubble Position Issue (SOLVED)

Post by kyriakos876 »

In the last photo you can check the box that says "Draggable" and that should enable you to drag it without manually writing the coordinates every time you want to move it.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

kyriakos876 wrote:In the last photo you can check the box that says "Draggable" and that should enable you to drag it without manually writing the coordinates every time you want to move it.
You definitely do NOT want to check the boxes to make the skin 'Draggable' or 'Keep on Screen' for this to work!

This is a workaround to allow a skin to be above the top of the screen; that is something that Window's Desktop Manager does not allow.

If you check 'Draggable', as soon as you drag the skin and try to place it, Window's Desktop Manager will force it to be below the top of the screen.

By manually setting the Y-position to a negative value, you can override Window's Desktop Manager control that prevents any object being placed above the top of the screen. The skin will stay where you set it, as long as you do not try to drag it!

This only works if you do not check those 2 boxes and manually set the Y-position.

@ kingtheproducer
Nice find! :thumbup:
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

eclectic-tech wrote:You definitely do NOT want to check the boxes to make the skin 'Draggable' or 'Keep on Screen' for this to work!

This is a workaround to allow a skin to be above the top of the screen; that is something that Window's Desktop Manager does not allow.

If you check 'Draggable', as soon as you drag the skin and try to place it, Window's Desktop Manager will force it to be below the top of the screen.

By manually setting the Y-position to a negative value, you can override Window's Desktop Manager control that prevents any object being placed above the top of the screen. The skin will stay where you set it, as long as you do not try to drag it!

This only works if you do not check those 2 boxes and manually set the Y-position.
Ah I never noticed that... draggable works fine with X and KeepOnScreen set to 0 but Y value can only get as low as 0 when being dragged as X can be minus if you drag it .