It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:01 pm

Some cool ideas! ;)

General topics related to Rainmeter.
bernardovs23

Some cool ideas! ;)

Post by bernardovs23 »

Hi! :welcome:

I really like the Rainmeter forum and it's so awesome how people help each!

But there are some problems, if you wrote a topic and you need to know answers quick, you can't just chill and do something else, you have to check notifications on the website!
For example, when I'm on Twitter talking to someone that doesn't reply very quick, I have my browser notifications for Twitter on and I do something else. When I get the notification from my browser, I simply click it, and it takes me to the message!

What I'm trying to say is that, it would be awesome if there were browser notifications!

Another idea was a really really really useful button on Rainmeter

The "Request help" button!

When you would click it, it would call someone who knows a lot about Rainmeter and the user could basically say what they wanted to achieve but can't on their own.
The Rainmeter helper not only helps but teaches! He teaches so, next time, no need of calling a helper again! ;-)

(I have a bigger idea of what it could be, for example, when you clicked the button you had to type what you wanted, etc.
But now it's to you, or you can ask more info about these ideas)
Last edited by bernardovs23 on April 9th, 2017, 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kevindahl

Re: Some cool ideas! ;)

Post by kevindahl »

:thumbup: I know what you mean, I really appreciate the time and efforts the forum members help me with, and it would be nice not to be "stuck" on the project that you are on a roll with and keep checking for the masters of this to help.For instance, I have checked on a question that I had yesterday probably 50 times I check every 5 minutes..but that Is a small price to pay for the learning that I have received.however, It would be awesome If one of the answers would be alerted to me, without having to keep checking.but I am on a roll and want to keep going.Like the post I made earlier, If It possible to set load times, not that I am worried about the use of others work, but that I am trying to make my own and use others as examples.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

...or, maybe create a simple RSS feed, since we're all addicted with Rainmeter. ;-) :lol:

If you don't want to build one, completely on your own, simply download a skin that may be close to your needs and then modify it as you like.
bernardovs23

Post by bernardovs23 »

fonpaolo wrote:...or, maybe create a simple RSS feed, since we're all addicted with Rainmeter. ;-) :lol:

If you don't want to build one, completely on your own, simply download a skin that may be close to your needs and then modify it as you like.
I didn't know how the RSS feed works :confused:
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

I was almost sure, but don't worry, nobody knows everything.

...however most of the forums have an option to use RSS feeds to remain up to date.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

But the email notification is there. Wouldn't be this a good solution?
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

In my experience, RSS feeds are more useful.
I use both, mainly because if I'm away, I'll have all the notifications on the threads I'm following by mail.
But if I'm using my computer, I just have to give a look at my desktop to see if there's some news.
bernardovs23

Post by bernardovs23 »

balala wrote:But the email notification is there. Wouldn't be this a good solution?
It would, but when you click the browser notification, it would redirect to the e-mail, and then you have to click the link, and then you have to go back to your e-mail to delete it

TOO MUCH WORK!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

bernardovs23 wrote:I didn't know how the RSS feed works :confused:
LuaRainRSS by JSMorley is a great Rainmeter RSS monitor. 8-)

You can click the "Wrench Icon" on any thread and subscribe, that sends an email, which will show in Win 10 notifications. :D
subscribe.png
I have seen several attempts to create notification skins on this forum, but can't remember where just now! :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:You can click the "Wrench Icon" on any thread and subscribe, that sends an email
A simpler solution is to set the forum up to send the emails, by default. This way, you don't have to subscribe any new thread, once you've posted a reply, you'll be notified on any new post of that thread. Just go to the settings, click the "Board preferences" tab, click "Edit posting defaults" (on left) and set the "Notify me upon replies by default" to Yes.