It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:36 am

CPU usage different in Rainmeter skins vs Windows Resource Monitor

General topics related to Rainmeter.
relrobber

CPU usage different in Rainmeter skins vs Windows Resource Monitor

Post by relrobber »

I noticed that the various Rainmeter skins I have installed under-report CPU usage when compared to the built-in Windows Resource Monitor by approximately 10%. Why is this?
CyberTheWorm

Re: CPU usage different in Rainmeter skins vs Windows Resource Monitor

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Without seeing the code of the skin, not sure but the ones I use they never match exactly due to the meter update value. Mine are updating 1/sec so I only get a value when it updates. Not sure how Windows does it but it could be buffered.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
sephirotess

Re: CPU usage different in Rainmeter skins vs Windows Resource Monitor

Post by sephirotess »

relrobber wrote:I noticed that the various Rainmeter skins I have installed under-report CPU usage when compared to the built-in Windows Resource Monitor by approximately 10%. Why is this?
I have always had differences, about 10% (under Windows8, 8.1 and 10), like you. It may be due to the hardware, I do not know . I compared the information given by Rainmeter skins and software like CoreTemp or MSIAfterburner. The results are identical. Since then, I no longer use the resource monitor as a reliable source. I do not know if the resource monitor gives an approximate result, an average (for several seconds) or a result by Core.