It is currently April 20th, 2024, 1:28 am

Blip On Radar

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Shaggy

Blip On Radar

Post by Shaggy »

Hi all, :welcome:
I am using "Radar Clock 2" (http://www.deviantart.com/art/Radar-Clock-2-333830105).
I have removed the HOUR / MINUTE & SECOND hands as I only want the radar itself, is there any way to have a 'BLIP' appear on the radar when the radar sweeps? :confused:
so as it goes around no 'BLIP' but when the radar sweeps over a certain place a 'BLIP' appears on the radar :confused: :confused:
Shaggy

Re: Blip On Radar

Post by Shaggy »

Is this even possible :confused: :? :???:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

I'm not sure at all what the BLIP means, so I removed the minute and second hands and modified the skin to have the hour hand hidden, then it appears for a short period, when the radar sweeps over 0.
For a such task, you have to modify the [MeasureRotate] measure. Add the following options to this measure:

Code: Select all

[MeasureRotate]
IfCondition=(MeasureRotate<#Period#)
IfTrueAction=[!ShowMeter "MeterHours"][!Redraw]
IfFalseAction=[!HideMeter "MeterHours"][!Redraw]
You have to define in the [Variables] section, the Period variable:

[Variables]
Period=5
(leave alone the existing variables).
The skin will show the plain for a period equal with the value of the Period variable, starting from 0 (when the radar sweeps over 0).
Note that I'd also replace the Formula of the [MeasureRotate] measure with the following one: Formula=(COUNTER % 360). With the old formula, when you refreshed the skin, the radar started working from 0. With this new one, even on a refresh the skin continues to go on.
Please let me know if this is what you wanted.

Merry Christmas.
Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

Thanks balala, 8-)
This is almost exactly what I want, ;-) except for the 'hour plane' instead of the 'plane' I would like to use my own image or even text.
I hope you can help me with this. :?
Again thanks
Paul.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Shaggy wrote:Thanks balala, 8-)
This is almost exactly what I want, ;-) except for the 'hour plane' instead of the 'plane' I would like to use my own image or even text.
I hope you can help me with this. :?
Again thanks
Paul.
Then replace the [MeterHours] meter with any of the followings:
if you want an image:

[MeterHours]
Meter=Image
Imagename=#@#MyImage.png
X=200
Y=120
W=50
H=40
PreserveAspectRatio=1
or for a string:

[MeterHours]
Meter=STRING
X=225
Y=120
FontColor=0,0,0
FontEffectColor=220,220,220
StringEffect=Shadow
FontSize=8
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=CENTER
AntiAlias=1
Text=My string
Any of these meters can be used either on the RadarClockAirLarge.ini either on the RadarClockSeaLarge.ini. For the smaller skins or if you want to place elsewhere the image or the string, you'll have to find the proper X and Y options. With a bit experimenting, I hope you'll be able to find the proper values. If not, please upload the desired image or tell the desired string.
Obviously you can modify the name of the [MeterHours] (if you find it being weird), as you want, just be careful in this case to use the same name on the [MeasureRotate] measure, otherwise it won't work.