It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:02 pm

.rmskin Creation Issues

General topics related to Rainmeter.
dsharkey

.rmskin Creation Issues

Post by dsharkey »

Hey all. I'm new to the forum and have been playing with Rainmeter for a little while now. I've built several layouts that I want to package for my office to use. The layouts are built from bits and pieces from multiple different skins (I am not code oriented so I don't know the proper way to build a skin).

Anyways, I've tried to build a .rmskin package by specifying \\Documents\Rainmeter at the Add Custom Folder step of the Create .rmskin Package dialog. It seems that everything works and all of the skins do get installed on any subsequent computers, but when I try to load a layout it does not work. There is no error message or anything like that, it just never loads a layout.

Any advice on how I might be more successful with this? Is there any way to "repackage" just the features of the various skins that I actually use for my layouts? Sorry if this is a dumb question. :?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: .rmskin Creation Issues

Post by jsmorley »

You will really need to consolidate your "bits and pieces" under a single root config folder in order to distribute as a .rmskin. Make sure you reconcile any conflicts with @Resources in the various skins as you consolidate them, and then when you create the .rmskin, simply include any Layout you have created.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/publishing-skins/