It is currently April 26th, 2024, 12:20 pm

All Audio Visualiser

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Esterdell

All Audio Visualiser

Post by Esterdell »

Greetings! I am new to Rainmeter and love some of the visualisers that i've seen. They all visualise from media players so far, and i'm just wondering if there are visualisers for all audio sources (browser, system, software, etc.).

Thank you in advance.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: All Audio Visualiser

Post by balala »

Esterdell wrote:Greetings! I am new to Rainmeter and love some of the visualisers that i've seen. They all visualise from media players so far, and i'm just wondering if there are visualisers for all audio sources (browser, system, software, etc.).

Thank you in advance.
Those skins are sometimes part of a skin with a NowPlaying plugin, to can control a music player, but the visualizer elements are using the AudioLevel plugin, which is working no matter of the sound source. Try to play a sound from another source than the player and check if the visualizer skin works. Does it?
Esterdell

Post by Esterdell »

My apologies, It does seem to work now.
I tried the monstercat visualiser, which only seemed to work on the one media player designated. Readign the description, it said "supporting many media players" in a way to entice you to use it. many other's i've searched tried selling it off in the same way, focusing on the media players.
I've downloaded some more visualisers to try it out, regardless of this advertisement, and one i've found "Fountain of colours" did work for all outputs, when no media player was selected.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Esterdell wrote:My apologies, It does seem to work now.
I tried the monstercat visualiser, which only seemed to work on the one media player designated. Readign the description, it said "supporting many media players" in a way to entice you to use it. many other's i've searched tried selling it off in the same way, focusing on the media players.
I've downloaded some more visualisers to try it out, regardless of this advertisement, and one i've found "Fountain of colours" did work for all outputs, when no media player was selected.
The only need for a specific media player, is to obtain the Title and Artist info to be displayed. This has nothing to do with the visualizer and what it displays.

All visualizers will respond to all sounds from the default audio device * ...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Here is a very good AudioLevel plugin troubleshooter, by Active Colors. Feel free to use it if you have troubles with this plugin.