It is currently April 25th, 2024, 9:33 am

new to rain meter, questions

General topics related to Rainmeter.
iceman322

new to rain meter, questions

Post by iceman322 »

hey everyone i was just flipping through deviant art when i saw this and im getting a new laptop in a couple days so im pumped to use this and make it look cooler and easier to use. i do have a couple questions though. they may be very newb but please dont flame me :/

firstly, what ever rainmeter custom desktop i end up using at any certain time, does it cover my original task bar? i see alot of these dont include task bars so i was wonderin,

is there any restrictions as far as work space goes? like, will my windows work normaly, covering all but the task bar when maximized and stuff?

and lastly, when being displayed on another screen, ( like at school i may need to project it or show it on a tv) does the display of the desktop get affected?

lol thanks for the help in advance and im excited to start customizin :D
karmat

Re: new to rain meter, questions

Post by karmat »

:welcome:

Rainmeter doesn't cover the taskbar. Some people like to put their taskbar on autohide, some like to use Litestep and other programs and that's why it looks like it's missing to you.

Your windows will work normally. Rainmeter skins/suites/configs/apps (whatever you want to call them) are on your desktop underneath your windows.

Enjoy!
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

iceman322 wrote: and lastly, when being displayed on another screen, ( like at school i may need to project it or show it on a tv) does the display of the desktop get affected?
Only if the resolution is changed.
Unless the skin is based relativity. So it will expand or shrink. But never the less. It will be affected on a resolution change. Otherwise - No.
And to deal with resolutions you got RainRez and RainThemes to fix that for you.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
iceman322

Post by iceman322 »

alright tyvm :D one last question. How do i go about changing things like borders for skins? like looking at one theme to one someone edited, they seem quite different even though it is kinda the same thing.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

For that, you're going to want to give Rainmeter 101 a look. It covers the basics and has a few tutorials on editing skins to get you started.
ImageImageImageImage