It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:49 am

Load more than one skin after instalation

General topics related to Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Load more than one skin after instalation

Post by balala »

I want to create a skin installer and in the package will be more then one skin (obviously in more then one folder). There is any method to add in the Skin packager tool, to the Load skin field (After installation section) all those skins?
Thanks in advance.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Load more than one skin after instalation

Post by jsmorley »

There really isn't in the Skin Packager tool. it can only load one skin initially. You can of course create a Layout that loads as many as you like, but that isn't always the best solution, assuming you want users to "add" your skins to their exiting setup, rather than "replacing" their's with your's.

What you might do is create some "initializer.ini" skin. Have that skin be the one you load in the .rmskin.

That skin would then have something like:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
OnRefreshAction=[!ActivateConfig "Config1Name" "Skin1Name.ini"][!ActivateConfig "Config2Name" "Skin2Name.ini"][!DeactivateConfig #CURRENTCONFIG#]

[MeterDummy]
Meter=String
The disadvantage to loading multiple skins this way instead of a Layout is that they will all load at 0,0 on the screen... If you are loading a few, it's going to be a bit of a mess in the top-left corner. That is pretty much why .rmskin doesn't support loading multiple skins on installation. It's a tad more complicated, but you could add !Move bangs in the above OnRefreshAction as well, so at least they are not all just stacked up.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Thanks for the very quick reply. That's exactly what I thought. I also thought to use a layout, but it's not the best way, exactly for what you said, but your second method with the initializer.ini skin could be an alternative. Maybe I'll add some !Move bangs, to avoid the mess.
Thanks anyway, again.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

That is more or less the concept behind my Welcome.ini skin in JSMeterVII. I did not want to force a Layout on the user.
1.jpg
The difference might be that you automatically load some number of skins, and just move them down so they are not just stacked up. Some kind of "Welcome" meter(s) in the Initialize.ini file might not be a bad idea, so it can just say "Hey I just loaded skin1, skin2, skin3. Move them where you want them - Click here to dismiss this panel."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Thanks, that's also a pretty idea. I'll have to decide how to implement one of them.