It is currently April 26th, 2024, 7:15 am

ControlAngle

General topics related to Rainmeter.
TweaknFreak

Re: ControlAngle

Post by TweaknFreak »

jsmorley wrote:Or taking the idea a little further...

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
BackGroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,255
AccurateText=1

[MeasureCPU1]
Measure=CPU
Processor=1

[MeasureCPU2]
Measure=CPU
Processor=2

[MeasureCPU3]
Measure=CPU
Processor=3

[MeasureCPU4]
Measure=CPU
Processor=4

[MeterCPU1]
Meter=Roundline
MeasureName=MeasureCPU1
W=100
H=100
StartAngle=(Rad(-45))
LineStart=2
LineLength=10
LineWidth=5
LineColor=99,235,91,255
ControlAngle=0
ControlLength=1
LengthShift=40
AntiAlias=1

[MeterCPU2]
Meter=Roundline
MeasureName=MeasureCPU2
W=100
H=100
StartAngle=(Rad(45))
LineStart=2
LineLength=10
LineWidth=5
LineColor=235,192,91,255
ControlAngle=0
ControlLength=1
LengthShift=40
AntiAlias=1

[MeterCPU3]
Meter=Roundline
MeasureName=MeasureCPU3
W=100
H=100
StartAngle=(Rad(135))
LineStart=2
LineLength=10
LineWidth=5
LineColor=91,168,235,255
ControlAngle=0
ControlLength=1
LengthShift=40
AntiAlias=1

[MeterCPU4]
Meter=Roundline
MeasureName=MeasureCPU4
W=100
H=100
StartAngle=(Rad(225))
LineStart=2
LineLength=10
LineWidth=5
LineColor=201,91,235,255
ControlAngle=0
ControlLength=1
LengthShift=40
AntiAlias=1
test.gif
I'm gonna put something like this immediately on my desktop. This thread is really rocking. But as Edhel said, its our only chance to draw triangles and polygons. Bug or not this sounds a little promising to me.

BTW, you can have a skewed bar like this too, and infact its better than using an image on a bar. Thanks to transformation matrix.

[mCPU]
Measure=CPU
Processor=0

[testBar]
Meter=BAR
MeasureName=mCPU
BarColor=200,200,200,200
SolidColor=50,50,50,50
BarOrientation=HORIZONTAL
X=20
Y=10
W=190
H=10
TransformationMatrix=1;0;-1;1;0;0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be one of the iNEViTABLES - Storm, Earthquake, Lightning, Flood - and the world will bow down to you.

My current desktop
[hsimg]http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t559/TweaknFreak/6-22-20149-46-40PM_zps7bcbc1f6.png[/hsimg]
killall-q

Post by killall-q »

jsmorley wrote:I suspect with ControlAngle=0, the value is in effect seen as 0% all the time, as the measure value isn't used at all in that case.

Can't say I have extensively played with this though.
Testing Edhel's example, that isn't what's going on behind the scenes. This bug absolutely depends on measure values 0 and below (including negative numbers). For values 1 and above, you get normal behavior. For some really interesting results, try values between 0 and 1 (hint: polygons with rounded corners!).

This opens up some very interesting potential applications for advanced Rainmeter users. I'm hoping to see more demos similar to The Cube.

What is of particular concern is, what are the chances of this bug getting fixed and/or official triangle/x-gon meters?
TweaknFreak

Post by TweaknFreak »

killall-q wrote: Testing Edhel's example, that isn't what's going on behind the scenes. This bug absolutely depends on measure values 0 and below (including negative numbers). For values 1 and above, you get normal behavior. For some really interesting results, try values between 0 and 1 (hint: polygons with rounded corners!).

This opens up some very interesting potential applications for advanced Rainmeter users. I'm hoping to see more demos similar to The Cube.

What is of particular concern is, what are the chances of this bug getting fixed and/or official triangle/x-gon meters?
Can you post the code for generating the cube. I seem to have gotten nowhere after messing for about an hour.
The download link seems to not working.
Be one of the iNEViTABLES - Storm, Earthquake, Lightning, Flood - and the world will bow down to you.

My current desktop
[hsimg]http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t559/TweaknFreak/6-22-20149-46-40PM_zps7bcbc1f6.png[/hsimg]
iNjUST

Post by iNjUST »

jsmorley wrote:Or taking the idea a little further...
test.gif

I experimented with something similar a while back, except using full slices instead of bars:

I personally find the ControlLength and ControlStart very handy and easy to use. I have come across some of this buggy behavior though, too.
killall-q

Post by killall-q »

TweaknFreak wrote:Can you post the code for generating the cube. I seem to have gotten nowhere after messing for about an hour.
The download link seems to not working.
The cube is super ancient, I can't find a download anywhere any more. It showcased dynamic transformation matrixes, and just destroyed your CPU. Perhaps it would run better on the computers of today especially with Rainmeter having gotten significantly optimized since then. To date, it has been the only attempt to emulate 3D in Rainmeter.
TweaknFreak

Post by TweaknFreak »

killall-q wrote:The cube is super ancient, I can't find a download anywhere any more. It showcased dynamic transformation matrixes, and just destroyed your CPU. Perhaps it would run better on the computers of today especially with Rainmeter having gotten significantly optimized since then. To date, it has been the only attempt to emulate 3D in Rainmeter.
The only idea that I hit on during the last 2 days thinking of "Cube", was to generate each surface separately, then using Transformation matrix aligning each surface and finally joining the pieces adjusting the coordinates.

Woah! This seems pretty complex, not impossible so to speak. But lets see if I can pull of a pyramid or something. Mummies...................Image

My current desktop
FlyingHyrax

Post by FlyingHyrax »

I'm a little late to the party. I always thought those settings were to do things like this:

In order to get the full circle instead of just the angled bar meter, you have to cheat and use a huge RotationAngle, so that even 1% values will give a full rotation:

[Rainmeter]
 Update=1000

[MeasureCPU1]
 Measure=CPU
 Processor=1

[MeasureCPU2]
 Measure=CPU
 Processor=2

[MeasureCPU3]
 Measure=CPU
 Processor=3

[MeasureCPU4]
 Measure=CPU
 Processor=4

[MeasureCounter]
Measure=Calc
Formula=((MeasureCounter + 10) % 100)

[MeasureTest]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasureCounter / 100

[StyleAllRl]
 X=5R
 Y=r
 W=50
 H=50
 LineWidth=1
 Solid=1
 AntiAlias=1
 StartAngle=0

[StyleBgRl]
 LineColor=50, 50, 50, 200
 LineLength=25
 LineStart=0
 RotationAngle=6.28

[StyleEyeRl]
 RotationAngle=629
 ControlStart=1
 LineStart=0
 StartShift=20
 ControlLength=1
 LineLength=3
 LengthShift=20

[MeterBg1]
 Meter=RoundLine
 MeterStyle=StyleAllRl | StyleBgRl
 X=0
 Y=0

[MeterBg2]
 Meter=RoundLine

[MeterBg3]
 Meter=RoundLine

[MeterBg4]
 Meter=RoundLine

[MeterCPU1]
 Meter=Roundline
 MeterStyle=StyleAllRl | StyleEyeRl
 MeasureName=MeasureCPU1
 X=0
 Y=0
 LineColor=250,100,100

[MeterCPU2]
 Meter=Roundline
 MeasureName=MeasureCPU2
 LineColor=100,250,100

[MeterCPU3]
 Meter=Roundline
 MeasureName=MeasureCPU3
 LineColor=100,100,250

[MeterCPU4]
 Meter=Roundline
 MeasureName=MeasureCPU4
 LineColor=240,240,240
Last edited by FlyingHyrax on June 29th, 2014, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flying Hyrax on DeviantArt
TweaknFreak

Post by TweaknFreak »

FlyingHyrax wrote:A little late to the party
Better late than never. :)

BTW - Great concept man. This thread is opening new horizons that were previously not explored by me. Thanks community !

My current desktop