It is currently April 25th, 2024, 9:12 am

ControlAngle

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Edhel

ControlAngle

Post by Edhel »

Hi again. I am trying to understand Rainmeter better and I have come across the key ControlAngle for Roundline and I can't find it's meaning or purpouse. I was playing with it and here is what happened (please see the enclosed image).
I have a roundline that should show 70% value (obtained from a measure) with StartAngle at Rad(-90).
On the figure 1, the ControlAngle is set to 1 and I see no difference between this and omitting the key completely.
On the figure 2, the ControlAngle=0 and the RotationAngle is full circle.
I have tried setting RotationAngle 3/4 of the circle and set ControlAngle=0 and you can see it on figure3.
I saw no difference when trying ControlAngle=0/1 with no MeasureName set.
Could somebody please explain me what is happening there and what is the purpouse of this key? I am really curious:-)
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Edhel

Re: ControlAngle

Post by Edhel »

Pretty please, anybody?:) I am not asking only from curiosity but also because I am writing a series of tutorials for Rainmeter (in Czech) and I don't want to skip one option just because I don't undertand it now.
TweaknFreak

Post by TweaknFreak »

First of all I think you have posted this in the wrong section of the forum.

Secondly, about your question-its a nice thing you pointed out. Never noticed before. Consider the following code

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
MiddleMouseUpAction=!Refresh
DynamicWindowSize=1

[MeasureFreeDisk]
Measure=Calc
Formula=0.6

[MeterTotalDisk]
Meter=Roundline
MeasureName=MeasureFreeDisk
X=0
Y=0
W=120
H=120
StartAngle=4.712
RotationAngle=6.283
LineLength=60
LineStart=0
LineColor=216,242,240,255
Solid=1
AntiAlias=1
ControlStart=1
StartShift=10

[MeterFreeDisk]
Meter=Roundline
X=r
Y=R
W=120
H=120
StartAngle=4.712
RotationAngle=6.283
LineLength=60
LineStart=6
Solid=1
AntiAlias=1
Both the meters follow the same measure,i.e,FreeDiskSpace whose value is 0.6. Now the first meter has controlstart set to 1 and a startshift of 10. So, the linestart gets changed by ([MeasureFreeDisk]*StartShift) . The other meter, has linestart set to 6 and as you can see both meters images are same. The same logic applies to Rotation Angle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be one of the iNEViTABLES - Storm, Earthquake, Lightning, Flood - and the world will bow down to you.

My current desktop
[hsimg]http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t559/TweaknFreak/6-22-20149-46-40PM_zps7bcbc1f6.png[/hsimg]
Edhel

Post by Edhel »

It is possible but I thought about it as a question about Rainmeter function and not really a problem that I need to solve. (But I am not against moving it somewhere else.)
I understand ControlStart and StartShift but the point is there is no AngleShift. Moreover, the geometry or math of what is drawn shows something else than adjusting the angle (even though it would be a logic assumption).
TweaknFreak

Post by TweaknFreak »

About those images you posted, I'm not sure why the roundline becomes joined in the ends in that bizarre way. I did in my system but that kind of thing never happened. I'm giving the code that I used.

Also it'll be helpful if try uninstall->reboot pc->install latest stable rainmeter version.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
MiddleMouseUpAction=!Refresh
DynamicWindowSize=1

[MeasureFreeDisk]
Measure=FreeDiskSpace
Drive=i:
InvertMeasure=1

[MeasureTotalDisk]
Measure=FreeDiskSpace
Drive=i:
Total=1

[MeterTotalDisk]
Meter=Roundline
MeasureName=MeasureTotalDisk
X=0
Y=0
W=120
H=120
StartAngle=4.712
RotationAngle=6.283
LineLength=60
LineStart=45
LineColor=40,92,87,255
Solid=1
AntiAlias=1

[MeterFreeDisk]
Meter=Roundline
X=0
Y=0
W=120
H=120
StartAngle=4.712
RotationAngle=6.283
LineLength=60
LineStart=45
Solid=1
AntiAlias=1
ControlAngle=1

[MeterTotalText]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureTotalDisk
X=60
Y=130
FontSize=11
FontColor=36,82,77,255
StringAlign=Center
AntiAlias=1
AutoScale=1
Text=Total Disk: %1

[MeterFreeText]
Meter=String
X=60
Y=6R
FontSize=11
FontColor=216,242,240,255
StringAlign=Center
AntiAlias=1
AutoScale=1
Text=Free Disk: %1
Be one of the iNEViTABLES - Storm, Earthquake, Lightning, Flood - and the world will bow down to you.

My current desktop
[hsimg]http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t559/TweaknFreak/6-22-20149-46-40PM_zps7bcbc1f6.png[/hsimg]
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Also it'll be helpful if try uninstall->reboot pc->install latest stable rainmeter version.
This is just overkill. There is nothing about how Roundline works that has anything to do with needing to re-install Rainmeter, reboot your PC, or have any particular version of Rainmeter. I'm not a fan of the "geek-squad" approach where the answer to all questions is a format of the hard drive.

As to the subject at hand, honestly I don't get those options in Roundline myself. I have looked at them a few times over the years, and while I sorta get what they do, I can't for the life of me see any time they would be of the slightest value.
TweaknFreak

Post by TweaknFreak »

jsmorley wrote: This is just overkill.
Yeah, I think I went a little too far.

But what I don't get is why are his roundlines getting joined like that while mine aren't.

My current desktop
Edhel

Post by Edhel »

I am sure I am using the latest stable version (3.1 r2290, 64bit) and I would like to avoid reinstalling Rainmeter:) After all, this is not a bug causing troubles.
TweaknFreak: There is nothing wrong with your code. There is only a difference that in my examples, I have ContrloAngle=0 (not set to 1). From what I have seen, I guess it is set to 1 by default.
Jsmorley: I don't see any value in them and wouldn't use them euter but I wanted to explore them. I also more or less understand what it does but it's purpouse... Or how Captain Tightpants said: "I see how they did it, I just ain't getting the why.":)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Yes, ControlAngle is "1" (true) by default, ControlStart and ControlLength are both "0" (false) by default.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

If ControlAngle is left as the default "1", then the percentage value of the measure that is bound to the meter controls the angle of the line (or solid) from StartAngle to RotationAngle. This is the normal default behavior of the Roundline meter. The line will "rotate" around an axis defined by the center of the W and H of the meter.

If ControlStart is set to "1", then the percentage value of the measure that is bound to the meter controls the "start" position of the line, from LineStart to (LineStart + StartShift). This is in pixels, relative to the center of the W and H of the meter.

If ControlLength is set to "1", then the percentage value of the measure that is bound to the meter controls the "length" of the line, from LineLength to (LineLength + StartShift). This is in pixels, relative to the center of the W and H of the meter.

If ControlAngle is set to "0", then the measure no longer controls the "rotation" of the line, and only any settings related to ControlStart and / or ControlLength are controlled by the percentage value of the measure bound to the meter. I'm not sure why you would ever set this, as about the best you end up with then is more or less a clone of the Bar meter.