Can anyone give me more information on HjemmePC

General topics related to Rainmeter.
sgtevmckay

Can anyone give me more information on HjemmePC

Post by sgtevmckay »

For our folks from around the Norwegian area
Can anyone give me more information regarding the following publication:
HjemmePC (published by HM Nordic)

I have received the following e-mail this day.
Press Request:

Hi, I am a edtitor for the norwegian computer magazine called "HjemmePC"
Each month I am collecting good software to be included in our magazine. Sometimes we also ask about full version covermount, which means we are given an old full version of you program, with upgrade offer to the latest for our readers. I am excited to ask if this is something that could be of interest for you. You will off course be given editorial review and space in both our magazine and our software section on web. I hope to hear from you soon

Best Regards
Kent Kjernes
Editor of Computer Magazine "HjemmePC"
press@hjemmepc.no
Fax: +47 67 21 40 83
About the magazine
HjemmePC is published by HM Nordic
(http://www.hm-media.no/eway/?pid=196) and covers the increasingly active and growing home market. Using easily understandable language, HjemmePC increases its readers' knowledge of computers and the latest innovations in computers and computer products.
Internet: http://www.hjemmepc.no
I have seen teh main page of their website, but further information would be appreciated.
bendenfield

Re: Can anyone give me more information on HjemmePC

Post by bendenfield »

never heard about that magazine, but from what i can see it is serious.
on the other hand, how could a serious magazine be so uninformed?

i think it is definitly a great chance for Rainmeter. i had a look on the entry about hjemmePC at wikipedia and it says that it is a large magazine in norway.
i don't know wether include the program on their DVD since you can download it for free. we may only mention the link to rainmeter.net and do some self-promotion for the forum and it's community.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Agreed

Something to also remember: Up until the release of Rainmeter 1.0, Rainmeter was considered a "dead" software.
Rainmeter is now exploding on the market and is being realized by new folks and again by old time dedicated folks.
So I am not considering it unusual that here are elements in the greater media community that is unaware of Rainmeter and what it is.
The more I think about it, the more it is starting to make sense.
it could have been something as simple as 3 to 5 recommendations to this periodical resource, and they got interested fast, and are looking for information, prior to a full review.
  I am interested in an experiment: Having Rainmeter users and community members submit major reviews and requests for publication to the various major computer, and software, media periodicals, and see what happens.  
Samus Aran

Post by Samus Aran »

Rainmeter was included in one of the major german magazines, I think it was "ComputerBILD", if I remember correctly.
Did they contact you? :D
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Samus Aran wrote:Rainmeter was included in one of the major german magazines, I think it was "ComputerBILD", if I remember correctly.
Did they contact you? :D
They contacted me a while ago to do a piece on Enigma; I imagine this entailed some sort of discussion on Rainmeter itself.