It is currently April 24th, 2024, 4:01 am

Calendar - Which One Is Compatible With Rain-meter?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
rob1969

Re: Calendar - Which One Is Compatible With Rain-meter?

Post by rob1969 »

balala wrote: January 12th, 2020, 4:21 pm Yes, definitely not the case. Sorry...
No problem i appreciate your help :D :D
rob1969

Post by rob1969 »

mak_kawa wrote: January 12th, 2020, 12:44 pm Hi rob1969

Honestly, I don't feel that Chromophore Rainlendar skin has "out-of-date look" compared with "illustro-style" Rainmeter skin. Just honestly.

Rainlendar skin package can be either zip-archived or of raw subfolder structure. So, first step is to unzip Chromophore skin package (Chromophore.r2skin) in skins folder of the Rainlendar install location, and copy them to the user skin folder (C:\Users\[user name]\.rainlendar2\skins).
And for example, if you are not satisfied with Chromophore skin background shape, how about to modify "images\calendar-bg.png" as you like?
Attached is a quick (and ragged) example of changing background shape of Chromophore skin.
Untitled-1.png
Further discussion about Rainlendar seems to be unsuitable for this Rainmeter forum. You have to post your question about skin customization to Rainlendar user forum.
I really do appreciate your help. I figured out how to unzip the skin and find the images your talking about, im afraid i dont know how to go about modifying the images in a way that would look good and professional. I have windows 10 so everything is modern looking, my screen is UHD, the detail in the rainmeter skin is a lot finer and pleasing to the eye, the rainlander skin looks SD quality and a bit shabby around the edges, the font is a bit less detailed as it the general design and look.. It was fine on my old laptop with WIN7 but for now i want something sharper and modern.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Since google calendar works with XML you might want to try using this new plugin that can parse XML and create new google calendar skin
https://github.com/e2e8/rainmeter-xmlparser.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi Active Colors

First, my (and rob1969's?) ideal is to read/write online calendar as Google calendar from Rainmeter skin. So, your post is very interesting for me. Really appreciated.

I am afraid that I am misunderstanding your suggestion. And possibly I am missing something (as always). But...to accomplish my above ideal, it needs;
1. User authentication to Google.
2. Writing/modifying ability to Google calendar.
Further...Although I am not sure how to say, isn't it necessary that the application which accesses to Google calendar should be an application "admitted" by Google?

Are they possible using the XMLparser plugin in Rainmeter? If so, how? I have no idea...
rob1969

Post by rob1969 »

thanks to you guys for your help. Im afraid i need to find a pre-made skin for my software's, i dont have the ability to make my own or even edit a preexisting one. :D
Doublinski

Post by Doublinski »

Is there any way this can be done using the Windows system Calendar? The default Windows calendar syncs with Google Calendar automatically. We just need to find a way to link the Windows Calendar with Rainmeter. Is this possible? I was told that i would need a plugin.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Doublinski wrote: July 26th, 2020, 5:53 am Is there any way this can be done using the Windows system Calendar? The default Windows calendar syncs with Google Calendar automatically. We just need to find a way to link the Windows Calendar with Rainmeter. Is this possible? I was told that i would need a plugin.
It seems you are right, according to this. Regarding "linking" Windows Calendar with Rainmeter, I'm not sure what you mean by that. Rainmeter can open Windows Calendar through the RunCommand plugin, but then this would mean you'd basically do everything from Windows Calendar and just use Rainmeter as a tool to access the "shortcut". If you're talking about the data, I'm not sure this is possible - you'd need some sort of way to "export" things from Windows Calendar to either a file (XML, JSON, TXT, whatever) or a local URL that can be then parsed using Rainmeter's WebParser measures. For example, I just built a skin that parses the data from a TXT file in order to simulate a "launcher menu", so this can be done (the level of difficulty depends on many factors).

The thing is, I don't know if the Windows Calendar can export its (and therefore, Google Calendar received) data to such a file. Frankly, I never opened Windows Calendar till this post, LOL. These Windows "apps" looks so ugly to me, I can't stand them and their "metro" nonsense... :uhuh:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth