It is currently April 25th, 2024, 3:38 pm

[SOLUTION] Create a "quote of the day" skin using quotesgems

General topics related to Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [SOLUTION] Create a "quote of the day" skin using quotesgems

Post by balala »

Aamirkhanp wrote: June 17th, 2019, 10:37 am I tried to change the url and the regexp but it doesn't work, I imagine it isn't enough.
Depends on how have you rewrote the RegExp. It can create a lot of troubles.
Please post the original code, with the initial RegExp, to can take a look.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [SOLUTION] Create a "quote of the day" skin using quotesgems

Post by eclectic-tech »

Aamirkhanp wrote: June 17th, 2019, 10:37 am Hi everyone! I have a "quote of the day" skin which uses quotationspage.com. Now I want to create a new skin which uses quotesgems.com feed with the same settings. Is it possible? I tried to change the url and the regexp but it doesn't work, I imagine it isn't enough.

Thanks in advance.
You need to decide which quotes you want (quotegems.com offers multiple pages), then once you know which quotes, create the URL and RegExp to parse it.

For example, to parse "I am here for you quotes", I used

Code: Select all

URL=https://quotesgems.com/i-am-here-for-you-quotes/
and

Code: Select all

RegExp=(?siU).*<blockquote>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*</blockquote>.*<blockquote>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*</blockquote>.*<blockquote>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*</blockquote>.*<blockquote>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*</blockquote>.*<blockquote>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*</blockquote>.*<blockquote>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*</blockquote>.*<blockquote>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*</blockquote>.*<blockquote>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*</blockquote>.*<blockquote>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*</blockquote>.*<blockquote>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*<div>(.*)</div>.*</blockquote>
To capture the first 10 quotes.
iamhere4you.png
If you need more help, please post your current code.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.