It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:10 pm

Task Manager GPU information

General topics related to Rainmeter.
raiguard

Task Manager GPU information

Post by raiguard »

The Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update has added GPU information to task manager. See these screenshots:
task manager 1.png
task manager 2.png
Is there a way to retrieve this information and use it in Rainmeter? Where is task manager getting it from?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Task Manager GPU information

Post by SilverAzide »

My hope is they finally added this to the perfmon database. That's where the other performance info seems to come from, so maybe they added some GPU counters. I'll know shortly... I'm about to install it. :)

UPDATE: Yep, there's a whole crapload of perfmon GPU counters now. Should be as simple to configure as HWiNFO... :(
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

SilverAzide wrote:My hope is they finally added this to the perfmon database. That's where the other performance info seems to come from, so maybe they added some GPU counters. I'll know shortly... I'm about to install it. :)

UPDATE: Yep, there's a whole crapload of perfmon GPU counters now. Should be as simple to configure as HWiNFO... :(
Wait, why would it be hard to configure? Isn’t the PerfMon plugin fairly straightforward?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Oh it's easy... as long as you know which adapter "luid_0x00000000_0x0001961D_phys_0" is referencing.... :headbang:
GpuPerfMonWin10FCU.png
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

SilverAzide wrote:Oh it's easy... as long as you know which adapter "luid_0x00000000_0x0001961D_phys_0" is referencing.... :headbang:

GpuPerfMonWin10FCU.png
Oh, that’s fantastic. And I assume it’s different for every PC... this is no better than HWiNFO! :(
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

SilverAzide wrote:Oh it's easy... as long as you know which adapter "luid_0x00000000_0x0001961D_phys_0" is referencing.... :headbang:

GpuPerfMonWin10FCU.png
These look like registry values... maybe you can find something there if you search these or maybe not... :P It's an idea.
monkyyx

Post by monkyyx »

Has someone figured out how to use Windows GPU usage in Rainmeter? I tried my best today but haven't been able to get it to work. :???: