It is currently April 18th, 2024, 10:14 pm

15 Puzzle for Rainmeter

Skins that don't neatly fit into other categories
balala
Rainmeter Sage

15 Puzzle for Rainmeter

Post by balala »

Image Image Image Image

This is a very simple 15 Puzzle game, created as a Rainmeter skin. You can find the description of the game here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifteen_puzzle. This skin have a shuffler application, which respects the solvability criterium, described here: http://mathworld.wolfram.com/15Puzzle.html, so every game is solvable. I have created 10 images (one with numbers from 1 to 15 and 9 with diffrent images).
Please let me know your oppinion about this skin, or any bug if you discover one.
AlC

Re: 15 Puzzle for Rainmeter

Post by AlC »

Really nice !!!

Didn't know anything about 15 puzzle. But now I like it and it's good for a little game in between.

2 little bugs:
- the shuffler.exe do nothing, nothing happens when I click on Shuffle ( the exe is activating, I can see it in the taskbar, so ??)
- sometimes I have 2 empty images

but that's not so wild, because when I switch the theme and switch back, then everything is okey again (and shuffled)

so thanks for sharing it :)
Rainmeter - You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Hello, I'm glad you like this skin. About the bugs:
- you're sure that when you click to Shuffle button, nothing happens? Because the pieces should shuffle, look at them when you click to button. The Shuffler.exe don't show a window, it is a "silent" app, which just shuffle the pieces, without any message or window. In the taskbar it should appear just for a second, then it should close. Is it so?
- I never found 2 empty pieces if I just clicked to buttons or pieces. How they appeared?
- anytime you switch the theme the shuffler is activated, so the new theme is shuffled. If you switch back to the old theme, it will be in a diffrent status, then before.
AlC

Post by AlC »

Okey, I click on "Shuffle" -> nothing happens -> only when I click on the Right/Up/Left or Down piece of the empty piece, then it shuffled. But then I have mostly 2 empty pieces :D sometimes 1 empty piece and rarely 3 empty pieces
( and yes the Shuffler.exe comes for 1 second in the taskbar)

but that's not a big problem for me because this way works
anytime you switch the theme the shuffler is activated, so the new theme is shuffled. If you switch back to the old theme, it will be in a diffrent status, then before.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

OK, that's really a bug. The probblem is that I have the skins in a certain folder, and have created the Shuffler to work with that folder. But if you have the skins in a diffrent folder (and I'm sure you have), the Shuffler not works. Please let me know the path of the 15Puzzle folder in skins folder (eg D:\My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\15Puzzle).
Sorry for this error.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Haha nice! If anything this just made me discover the 15 puzzle.
...Has a minesweeper already been made? Probably...

When Tron? ;D

--===========~:O)[@)(O):_____________________:(O)@](O:~===========--

Haha yes, I just attempted at txtTron.
AlC

Post by AlC »

OK, that's really a bug. The probblem is that I have the skins in a certain folder, and have created the Shuffler to work with that folder. But if you have the skins in a diffrent folder (and I'm sure you have), the Shuffler not works. Please let me know the path of the 15Puzzle folder in skins folder (eg D:\My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\15Puzzle).
Sorry for this error.
It would be better if you could use a kind of #SKINSPATH#/#ROOTCONFIGPATH#/#CURRENTPATH# in your shuffler.exe, so it would work on everyone's pc. If it's possible.

my Path:
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\User\Eigene Dateien\Rainmeter\Skins\15Puzzle
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

I have corrected this issue and hope now it will work. The used path is: #SKINSPATH#15Puzzle, so if you put the 15Puzzle folder in the skin's folder, it will work (I hope). Please test it and let me now the situation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Chuck wrote:Haha nice! If anything this just made me discover the 15 puzzle.
...Has a minesweeper already been made? Probably...
Working on it.
AlC

Post by AlC »

balala wrote:I have corrected this issue and hope now it will work. The used path is: #SKINSPATH#15Puzzle, so if you put the 15Puzzle folder in the skin's folder, it will work (I hope). Please test it and let me now the situation.
Works perfect, thanks :great: