It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:49 pm

Visions+ Weather Beta 3 now available

Weather skins
sgtevmckay

Re: Visions+ Weather Beta 3 now available

Post by sgtevmckay »

I also realized, as I was working on Beta 4, that I want to add multiple locations.
I liked Mepu's strategy for this.
"Only load what you need. Have teh skin refresh for each location"
This avoided a long parse time, attempting to load several locations from numerous URL Addresses.
I was going over his Mepu's archaic solution. Apparently he created, or borrowed, som ecode to interact with teh skin's ini file to enter appropriate information as need.
The skin would then refresh with the new location parameters .
His code was written so poorly written that it is consistently detected as a false/Positive virus.
So I need an alternate solution.

Thoughts?
ollegicch

Post by ollegicch »

How can I change the 12 hour support to 24 hour in this skin, mb someone can help!)
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

With a whole bunch of Substitutions.
This will be available in the next Beta :great:

Mirage

Post by Mirage »

I'm sure you're already aware, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. The US Naval Observatory has programs that will give you moonrise/set, sunrise/set and a bunch of other calculators that will display data for an entire year. I was wondering if that might be a way to get the info you needed? Select the location, download the data as a .txt file (or convert to Excel spreadsheet) and parse your data from there. That would mean you would only hit the website for data once a year instead of every time you fired up your computer.

Here's a link:

http://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/astronomical-applications/data-services/data-services

I anxiously await a solution to this problem of getting moonrise/set times into rainmeter.

Best of luck!
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

I am looking into the suggestion now, but will be unable to continue work for a few weeks yet as I am in my market season.
be patient with me ;)

thanks for the information :D
themgnt

Post by themgnt »

Some time ago the moon phases of this skin stopped working. For a long time I would get an image over the moon which read "XML file changed. Please Click Here." Clicking would only take you to the iohelix site which told me nothing.

That error is gone and now all I have is the moon, and the parameters around it are empty.

I decided to get the damn thing working today and took a look at it. The error log is full of the following error:

"ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Visions+\Weather\TWC 7 Day\../MoonImages3\-2.png"

I see several problems with this error:
"../MoonImages3" can't be right, the slash is the wrong way. This is how it's written in the ini file. I changed it to remove the .. and also to change the / to \. Nothing is working.

"-2.png" That can't be right either. The graphic name is 2.png.

Does anyone out there use this skin and have it working?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

themgnt wrote:Some time ago the moon phases of this skin stopped working. For a long time I would get an image over the moon which read "XML file changed. Please Click Here." Clicking would only take you to the iohelix site which told me nothing.

That error is gone and now all I have is the moon, and the parameters around it are empty.

I decided to get the damn thing working today and took a look at it. The error log is full of the following error:

"ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Visions+\Weather\TWC 7 Day\../MoonImages3\-2.png"

I see several problems with this error:
"../MoonImages3" can't be right, the slash is the wrong way. This is how it's written in the ini file. I changed it to remove the .. and also to change the / to \. Nothing is working.

"-2.png" That can't be right either. The graphic name is 2.png.

Does anyone out there use this skin and have it working?
I only modified one version of the Visions+ and it works, but there are 19 skins in this package and every one will need to be changed to get the new moon feed info.

The iohelix site you disregarded :( , has a 'moonlite (poor graphics)' .zip file you can download, install as a skin, then use as reference to update your Visions+ skins.

You will need to change the [GetMoonLite] measure (in Visions+) with the new URL and RegExp from the moonlite skin. And also change the [MeasureDaysTo] (in Visions+) StringIndex from 13 to 14.

I did not look at the timezone relationship, but you might want to discuss this topic with Benjam, the maintainer of iohelix.

His forum post about the change is here.
themgnt

Post by themgnt »

Thank you SO much! It's all working again.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Glad to help! :thumbup:
clajo

Post by clajo »

Hello,

Ich have two question:

1: how can I change the time format from 12 hours to 24 hours?
2: how can I change the date format from 'Februar 17' to '17 Februar'?

Thx
Jörg