It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:43 am

Lines2.0: Modified to support eight cores..

Skins that monitor system information
IronKnuckles

Lines2.0: Modified to support eight cores..

Post by IronKnuckles »

I'm not sure if I will be trolled or flamed for this, but I decided I would modify the Lines2.0 skin to support eight cores. I originally wasn't going to share it because I didn't make the actual skin, but since I had such a hard time looking for an eight core temperature monitor, I thought maybe someone would appreciate this..

Thanks.. And if this is against the rules, tell me.. I'll get rid of it. I thought I'd just be nice and share my little modification to make people's lives easier.

EDIT: It's still the all-original Lines2.0 skin. It just does eight cores now, and both the black and white versions are modified to do so... If I failed to mention that.

EDIT: The original Lines2.0 can be found here. This is the guy who made it, so all credit for the original design goes to him. I just make it support eight cores. http://rasylver.deviantart.com/art/Lines-2-0-154719861
Attachments
Lines2.0 - Eight Core Mod.rar
Modified to support temperatures for up to eight cores... This is not my original skin, I just modified it and thought I would share.
(22.79 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Last edited by IronKnuckles on January 18th, 2011, 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Lines2.0: Modified to support eight cores..

Post by jsmorley »

It depends on the license the original author put on the skin, but in general we all freely share our stuff and fully expect that others will edit it to make it fit their needs. As far as then sharing the changes, that is almost always going to be fine as long as you are sensible about it:

1) Always credit the original author. Don't put your name on someone else's ideas or work and try to pass it off as yours.
2) Make it clear that what you are sharing is a modification / derivative, not the original. Don't put it out as "Enigma by Kaelri" and have in fine print that it has your changes, that will just confuse users looking for the actual Enigma.

I have never looked at the skin you are working with, so I have no idea what if any restrictions the author put on modifications / redistribution, but I suspect you are fine. Your changes may well show up in his next official version with a credit to you! It's kinda how the Rainmeter community works so well.
IronKnuckles

Re: Lines2.0: Modified to support eight cores..

Post by IronKnuckles »

Well, I hope I was able to cover enough to say I didn't make the actual skin, just the support for eight cores.

I forget the original author's name.. :/