It is currently February 20th, 2020, 11:48 pm

Master Toggle 1.0

Post your work-in-progress and completed skins to share and discuss.
AOTA
Posts: 2
Joined: July 13th, 2010, 3:15 pm

Master Toggle 1.0

Post by AOTA »

Hey everyone. My first try at a Rainmeter skin. Its a set of double toggles that allow you to toggle all of your active rainmeter skins as well as your desktop icons.

This is an adapted version of Kaelri's Enigma sidebar toggle, and as such, all credit for original code goes to him.

I have already begun making this better looking/working, but I wanted to go ahead and release a complete version.
There is one .exe in the skin, it is used to toggle your desktop icons.


with everything toggled off



with Rainmeter toggled off and desktop icons toggled on



with Rainmeter toggled on and desktop icons toggled off



download link: Click Here!

I'm new to this, so if I forgot anything please let me know.
The point of war is not to die for your country, its to make the other poor bastard die for his. - General Patent
User avatar
JpsCrazy
Posts: 690
Joined: April 18th, 2010, 2:16 pm
Location: NY, USA

Re: Master Toggle 1.0

Post by JpsCrazy »

Problems:
-The buttons don't fit correctly with the background, they're a bit askew.
-There's no Variables.inc as indicated in your skin (and there are no userdefined variables anywhere anyways)

Advice:
-Give the user more control (Let them choose to hide all backgrounds with one variable change, or something along the lines of that.)
-Make it in .rmskin format!


Other than that, very good!
Great concept as well.

Also, be sure to give credit to wherever you got the HideDesktopIcons.exe unless you made it yourself.
AOTA
Posts: 2
Joined: July 13th, 2010, 3:15 pm

Re: Master Toggle 1.0

Post by AOTA »

JpsCrazy wrote:Problems:
-The buttons don't fit correctly with the background, they're a bit askew.
-There's no Variables.inc as indicated in your skin (and there are no userdefined variables anywhere anyways)
The buttons have been fixed.
JpsCrazy wrote: Advice:
-Give the user more control (Let them choose to hide all backgrounds with one variable change, or something along the lines of that.)
-Make it in .rmskin format!


Other than that, very good!
Great concept as well.

Also, be sure to give credit to wherever you got the HideDesktopIcons.exe unless you made it yourself.
Thanks for your suggestions. i'll be sure to add the source of the exe in the .ini file.

could you please explain how i would go about putting it into a .rmskin format?

thanks in advance
The point of war is not to die for your country, its to make the other poor bastard die for his. - General Patent
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 20277
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Re: Master Toggle 1.0

Post by jsmorley »

AOTA wrote: could you please explain how i would go about putting it into a .rmskin format?
http://rainmeter.net/cms/TipsRainmeterSkinPackage