It is currently February 21st, 2020, 12:11 am

My First real go at this

Post your work-in-progress and completed skins to share and discuss.
kkeith

Re: My First real go at this

Post by kkeith »

Sure don't, I dont use aim, but it shouldnt be any different than any other program or folder.
Sewaged

Post by Sewaged »

Hey man, thanks for the great ideas with your skin. I enjoyed your skin quite a bit although it was busy it still held a certain ammount of minimalism to it, so I decided to take from you a bit with the whole layout and color coordination of it all.

Here is what I've done, basically the same just a bit different.
Btw, I discovered the problem with AIM, and most other programs using the .exe extension with the Enigma skin. For some reason with AIM, and Photoshop only I had to use quotations as for with the other folders, and programs quotations were not required. So, that kind of baffled me a little.

Last edited by Alex2539 on July 1st, 2010, 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed [Img] to [HSImg]
kkeith

Post by kkeith »

huh, thats wierd i dont remember running into that problem while setting up my launchers. nice desktop btw, the wallpaper is a little exciting for me but the layout is nice... surprisingly to my tastes lol, i especially like how the top taskbar lines up with the rss header.

I don't know if this is worth updating as i havent changed anything on rainmeter but I modified a litestep theme to match my rainmeter layout and im very surprised at how well it matched and i want to show it off a little lol.

edit: forgot to give the original author of the litestep theme credit, the name is minimalistic transparency by TomGrooby and you can find it here http://tomgrooby.deviantart.com/art/Minimalistic-transparency-147711070
Sewaged

Post by Sewaged »

That's awesome. I like what you did there. It almost makes me want Litestep, but I like windows 7 more. =D
kkeith

Post by kkeith »

lol its still win 7, it just replaces explorer as the shell. Its basically rainmeter as explorer, just as customizable, similar way to code as well, it does seem more difficult though, as for some reason i cant get the background image for the clock transparent yet, and there doesnt seem to be as much documentation on how everything works either, and the stuff you do find is friggin hard to understand lol.

edit: deleted the clock from litestep and replaced it with a rainmeter clock as it was easy to match the color and transparency of the background and color matched the text in the task bar to the orange/white co-ordination (orange being the active window) , everythings looking finished, maybe done a little "messy" but it looks very clean for my first personal "suite"!
Sewaged

Post by Sewaged »

Nice man. For some reason I thought that Litestep was Linux, lol. You should post an updated screen shot and see what everyone here thinks.
kkeith

Post by kkeith »

Decided to go a different way with litestep, after i found out that you could launch your start button with rainmeter i gave that a shot but couldnt figure it out, so i thought that it might be possible to make a button that launches the litestep menu instead of right clicking on the desktop, well it turned out the same guy that made the theme i use for windows also had the same idea, so i modified it a bit to match my rainmeter theme by making the taskbar smaller and color co-ordinating it, and heres what ive come up with.

Rainmeter Credits:
Gnometer by poiru
Enigma and Simplicity by Kaelri
2beFine by 2beFine Design
Simple Sentence by WhiteBaron

Litestep:
Appows by Aaron A

Windows 7:
Appows by =neiio
Last edited by kkeith on July 3rd, 2010, 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sewaged

Post by Sewaged »

Bad ass man. Like the Litestep action you've got going on. I tried out Litestep couldn't quite figure out how to add a different skint o it, so I gave up.
kkeith

Post by kkeith »

Thanks, I've probably put way too much time into this over the past few weeks but im somewhat happy with what ive got now, every time i take a screenshot and post it on here i pick out something that needs to be changed and it drives me crazy until i fix it lol. Litesteps fairly similar to install a theme to rainmeter, except instead of copying the folder into your "my documents" folder you have to go to "Program Files\LiteStep\Profiles\*User*\themes", unless its a .lsz file, which you just have to open and it auto installs everything, if it cant find a module just google it and you'll most likely find it very easily.

edit: DAMNIT! I forgot to move the start menu up so its even with the taskbar! lol
edit2: whoops had the credits wrong, i guess the authors of the litestep the win7 themes were different.
anedoki

Post by anedoki »

What is the skin you used for the bottom right for CPU, Mem, and HD?