It is currently November 25th, 2020, 2:12 pm

JDWI - Jelle Dekkers' Weather Icons

Post your work-in-progress and completed skins to share and discuss.
JelleDekkers

JDWI - Jelle Dekkers' Weather Icons

Post by JelleDekkers »

Google Sites page

JDWI - Jelle Dekkers' Weather Icons - is a set of weather icons designed to complement Google's Material Design icons as well as possible. I was looking for decent icons for my weather skins, but I couldn't find any. So, I decided to do it myself. These icons were created in Illustrator CC 2020 and converted to an icon font using IcoMoon. The font name is JDWI and the ligatures for the icons are the same as the names of the svg files. For example, "jdwi-moon-waxing-crescent.svg" has the ligature "jdwi-moon-waxing-crescent". The font name and ligatures are case sensitive. I do have to add a note, which is that the JDWI-COLR icons are NOT included in the icon font. This due to IcoMoon not accepting anything other than monochrome icons. Instead, I have included PNGs for those icons.

Extensions
ImageImageImageImage
Download

How to use these in Rainmeter
[WeatherIcon]
Meter=String

Text=jdwi-rain-night
FontFace=JDWI
FontSize=(24*0.75)
AntiAlias=1
Define other options as you see fit. Please use multiples of 24px for the FontSize, W and H options (but leave the *0.75 in the FontSize) for the crispiest results.

Change Log
2020-11-05
  • Fixed some issues in JDWI-COLR, namely a miscolored top edge of the fog in fog-day and fog-night.
2020-11-01
  • Added JDWI-COLR, a colorized version of the normal weather icons.
2020-10-30++
  • Changed the moon for visual balance.
2020-10-30+
  • Changed the cloud-based icons (rain, snow, etc.) to be more Material Design-like.
2020-10-30
  • Release!
Credits
Last edited by JelleDekkers on November 4th, 2020, 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: JDWI - Jelle Dekkers' Weather Icons

Post by jsmorley »

Really excellent work!
JelleDekkers

Re: JDWI - Jelle Dekkers' Weather Icons

Post by JelleDekkers »

jsmorley wrote: November 1st, 2020, 5:19 pm Really excellent work!
Thanks! :D