It is currently October 19th, 2020, 9:24 pm

Rain Video

Post your work-in-progress and completed skins to share and discuss.
Yincognito

Re: Rain Video

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: September 28th, 2020, 10:24 am your approach is heavy but it would be for me the best option, about the light version (it's oke for use for a movie) :welcome:
i'm more for the options version so you could use it and blend it in the background (with chroma option) :sly:
if i make something with AE this would be nice to use the effects of it in RM. :D
Ah, I see - you're looking for some post processing as well. Yeah, my approach would be suited for that, as ffmpeg can do LOTS of things with the output. I took a break from developing this for a while (seeing how well eclectic-tech's approach evolved), but knowing myself I'll probably get back to it once I'm "in the mood". Right now I'm dealing with a solar system simulator, so probably once I'm done with it will look at other projects as well. ;-)
dvo

Post by dvo »

there where some projects with arduino that solar collectors will turn to the light or are you making it big ? :D
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: September 28th, 2020, 11:09 am there where some projects with arduino that solar collectors will turn to the light or are you making it big ? :D
Haha, no - it'll be just an animation of the solar system, not a microchip... :lol:
dvo

Post by dvo »

oke you have many solar options.... yours is the solar system that's a big job :P
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: September 28th, 2020, 11:38 am oke you have many solar options.... yours is the solar system that's a big job :P
Yep, too big to fit properly. :D
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

dvo wrote: September 28th, 2020, 4:37 am ...
buttons losing focus they got gray instead of white and are not responding if they are light gray ... :confused:
had to click on movie to get focus again.
Yes, that is the way it works; when the video window does not have focus, only the 'Toggle Controls' button will work.
This prevents the control skin from sending the action keys to any other focused window.

In order to allow placement of the controls any where on the screen I opted to not disable mouse actions in the control skins. This action removes focus from the video window. Because the controls simulate key presses, I disable them until the video window regains focus. That is also why the buttons activate with MouseOverAction rather than mouse-clicks so focus is maintained by the video window.
dvo

Post by dvo »

oke i got it ... video has lot of things that you have solve before you could play with it ... nice work :) eclectic-tech :thumbup: :rosegift: