It is currently April 20th, 2024, 2:02 am

Now Playing

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Now Playing

Post by balala »

Gregory2001 wrote: June 8th, 2020, 6:52 pm ENIGMA MUSIC (FULL)
This is not enough, because there are a lot of @Include options (@include, @include2, @include3, @include4, @include5 and @include6). Although I suppose those files are the original ones, however please pack the whole Enigma config as you have it on your computer and upload the package here, to can check it. With the original Enigma code, I have no such problems, that's why I'd like to check your code.
Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

What's the best way to do that?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Gregory2001 wrote: June 8th, 2020, 8:08 pm What's the best way to do that?
You either should have to create a .zip or .rar package, or even better a skin installer, starting from the Enigma config of your Skins folder.
Then upload the package here, by clicking the Attachments tab below the field you're editing your reply, click the Add files button and choose the newly created package.
Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

Music-Full.ini
Music-Art.ini
Music.ini
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Gregory2001 wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:23 pm Music-Full.iniMusic-Art.iniMusic.ini
Let's start all over again. As said, these skins are using some included files (see the @Include... options) and those files are probably more important then the skin itself in this case. So doesn't help to post the skin's .ini file, the entire package is needed, to have all included files as you have them. Although I suppose you didn't rewrite them, better would be to certainly have your files. So, again: please pack the whole Enigma config and upload the package, not just some .ini files, which in this case are useless.
Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

Is this what you mean?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Gregory2001 wrote: June 9th, 2020, 4:25 pm Is this what you mean?
Yep, this is.
Looking at the code I found that you modified the Enigma\@Resources\Measures\Music.inc file. Originally this file had the proper structure, but in your package the file has been rewritten. Problem is that the best option is to have the NowPlaying measures (in this case [MeasureMediaPlayer], [MeasureTrack], [MeasureAlbum], [MeasureArtist] and so on) with a parent - child structure, which means one of those measures has to be the parent measure and all others have to be the child measures, being related to the parent measure. This structure has been removed in your file: all NowPlaying measures have became parent measures (see below). So, for first you should have to replace your file with the old (original) one (which has the proper structure).
Here is the code of the original file. Please replace the code of your file with the following one:

Code: Select all

[MeasureMediaPlayer]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerName=#MusicPlayer#
PlayerType=FILE

[MeasureTrack]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerName=[MeasureMediaPlayer]
PlayerType=TITLE

[MeasureAlbum]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerType=ALBUM

[MeasureArtist]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerType=ARTIST

[MeasureCover]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerType=COVER

[MeasureTimeDuration]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerType=DURATION

[MeasureTimePosition]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerType=POSITION

[MeasureTimeProgress]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerType=PROGRESS

[MeasureState]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerType=STATE

[MeasureRepeat]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerType=REPEAT

[MeasureShuffle]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerType=SHUFFLE
See that in this code [MeasureMediaPlayer] is the parent measure (this is the only measure having set the PlayerName=#MusicPlayer# option), all others are the child measures (being related to [MeasureMediaPlayer] by the PlayerName=[MeasureMediaPlayer] option). In your code all those measures have the PlayerName=CAD measure, which makes them all parent measures - no measure is related to any other, to have parent - child structure).
Not sure this will entirely solve the issue, usually this shouldn't increase so much the CPU usage, but this is the first thing which has to be done, in order to see if the problem has been fixed. Has it been?
Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

Okay. It's better. The CPU went from 16% to 10%.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Gregory2001 wrote: June 9th, 2020, 5:54 pm Okay. It's better. The CPU went from 16% to 10%.
Alright, this is a good point. Let's see if there are more things to be fixed. I'm gonna take one more look now.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

balala wrote: June 9th, 2020, 6:01 pm I'm gonna take one more look now.
No, didn't find anything else. Everything looks well. So, especially that the CPU usage in my case is not so high, there two questions arise:
  • Are you sure this skin is causing the high CPU usage? Try to unload all other skins. When you did this, open the Rainmeter Manage dialog and click the Active skins button on the Skins tab and make sure this is the only loaded skin. Maybe another skin is guilty?
  • Since as said I don't have such problems, could anyone else try the skin and tell us how widely the CPU is used by the Enigma\Sidebar\Music\Music-Full.ini skin of the posted package? Thanks.