It is currently April 26th, 2024, 5:46 pm

Now Playing

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Gregory2001

Now Playing

Post by Gregory2001 »

For some reason all of the Now Playing skins are showing a high CPU. Is there something I can do about this? Thanks.
Gregory2001

Re: Now Playing

Post by Gregory2001 »

Can anybody help with this? Thanks.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Gregory2001 wrote: June 5th, 2020, 7:59 pm For some reason all of the Now Playing skins are showing a high CPU.
Skins using NowPlaying measures are usually not showing the CPU usage. So, we probably (me definitely) don't understand what are you asking. Please let us know about a few details and maybe post a code.
Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

All I know is it didn't happen before. I'm now getting at least 15% CPU on any Now Playing skins. Could it have something to do with the refresh rate?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Gregory2001 wrote: June 8th, 2020, 5:13 pm All I know is it didn't happen before. I'm now getting at least 15% CPU on any Now Playing skins.
Oh, now I see what were you talking about.
Question is if indeed that skin is guilty. What skins do you have loaded? To check this, open Rainmeter Manage dialog (by clicking the Rainmeter icon into the Notification Area) and click the Active skins button, on the Skins tab. There you can see the list of loaded skins. Which skins are loaded?
Gregory2001 wrote: June 8th, 2020, 5:13 pm Could it have something to do with the refresh rate?
Definitely, however the skins using NowPlaying measures usually have the default Update=1000 set. I think I've never seen such a skin with other Update rate. But that skin might have a visualizer part (done with AudioLevel plugin measures) and the skins using this plugin by default must have a low Update rate, accordingly increasing the CPU usage (some of them, especially on some slower machines, extremely much).
So the most important question is if the skin has a visualizer part. Does it have measures using Plugin=AudioLevel options? And what is the update of the skin set to (check the Update option of the [Rainmeter] section)?
Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

I have tried a lot of Now Playing skins and they are giving me high CPU. Currently, I am only using Enigma skins. No visualizer. Thanks.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Gregory2001 wrote: June 8th, 2020, 5:38 pm Currently, I am only using Enigma skins. No visualizer. Thanks.
Then at least as far as I can tell, nothing justifies a such high CPU usage. The skins belonging Enigma Music are using the default Update=1000, which shouldn't increase the CPU usage so much. Just to make sure, please check the Update value (within the [Rainmeter] section) of the skin you're using. Is it default (if the [Rainmeter] section has no Update set, this is set to the default value)?
Also, please check what skins do you have loaded (maybe post a list of the loaded skins), besides the incriminated one.
Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

How and where do I check the Update value (within the [Rainmeter] section) of the skin? The only other skins I have loaded are the Enigma skins. I checked each one of them one at a time and they are all low CPU except for the Music one. Thanks.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Gregory2001 wrote: June 8th, 2020, 6:03 pm How and where do I check the Update value (within the [Rainmeter] section) of the skin?
Right click it and in the context menu click Edit skin. The code opens into your default text editor. Check the [Rainmeter] section, specifically its Update option. As said in my last reply, if the [Rainmeter] section has no Update option, it is set to the default value, which is Update=1000.
Gregory2001 wrote: June 8th, 2020, 6:03 pm I checked each one of them one at a time and they are all low CPU except for the Music one.
Please post its code here.
Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

ENIGMA MUSIC (FULL)

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Author=Kaelri

[Variables]
@include=#@#User\Options.inc

;---------------------------------------------------------------------
; STYLES

@include2=#@#Styles\#Stylesheet#\Options.inc
@include3=#@#Styles\#Stylesheet#\SidebarCommon.inc
@include4=#@#Styles\#Stylesheet#\SidebarMusic.inc

; METERS & MEASURES

@include5=#@#Measures\Music.inc

@include6=#ROOTCONFIGPATH#Sidebar\Music\Music.inc
Variant=Full

; METADATA

[Metadata]
Name=Enigma Music (Full)
Information=Shows information about the current track in your media player of choice.| · Move your mouse over the skin to show the player control buttons.
Version=4 Patch 1
License=Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0
Last edited by Brian on June 8th, 2020, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use [code] tags. It's the </> button.