It is currently April 20th, 2024, 8:06 am

Motivational Level System

Skins that don't neatly fit into other categories
Ryn

Motivational Level System

Post by Ryn »

My system that I made to motivate me to work.

It has 2 variants at the moment.

Buttons are labeled on mouse over.

Start: Launches Program and starts the leveling timer which defaults to a level an hour.
Stop: Stops the level timer when you are done.
Cancel: Returns to main screen.
Stats: Gives basic stats for the character (These are arbitrary and just for fun.)
Config: Opens the config file.
Reset: Prompts you to reset your level back to 1.

You are welcome to iterate on the skin, but please credit me for the base.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Motivational Level System

Post by balala »

Ryn wrote: May 10th, 2020, 8:46 am My system that I made to motivate me to work.
Two details you should know about. Please take them into account on the next release:
  • Long ago a @Resources folder has been created and should be used. You have no such a folder. All resources (images, sounds, fonts and even the included .inc files) should be placed there. Believe me, it's the best and most usual place for them, would be good to use it.
  • In Rainmeter if you want to add a comment to the code, you have to use semicolon (;). What follows this character is ignored by the skin. In the Config.inc file, you have a comment added with double backslash. This is alright in C++ for instance, but in Rainmeter it isn't. Replace it.
Otherwise congratulations for the first skin (I suppose) you wrote. :thumbup:
Ryn

Post by Ryn »

Thanks! Ill look into the resource folder thing. And thatnks for the ; tip wasn't sure about that.

Thanks! It was a fun project to work on and cool to learn a new programming language.
Last edited by Ryn on May 10th, 2020, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Ryn wrote: May 10th, 2020, 3:13 pm It was a fun project to work on and cool to learn a new programming language.
Well, Rainmeter isn't quite a programming language, as lua for instance, or C. However it is interesting and indeed very fun (for me at least, definitely).